Ballroom Dance > Videos > Hustle - N.Y. Style

Discussion in 'Videos' started by GJB, Jan 31, 2007.

1. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

2. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

Seeing the various styles was interesting!

(I guess I'm in the right form of dance, since I liked the ballroom-style the best!)

3. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I've heard that all the ballroom dancers use to hustle "back in the day". Lori Ann dancing with Roberto Pagan was a finalist as USBC in American Rhythm and Theatre Arts. Maria dancing with Angel Figueroa was also a finalist at USBC in American Rhythm and she also danced Theatre Arts (not sure if she was I finalist in Theatre Arts also but it wouldn't surprise me.) Kelvin, partnering Lori Ann in the video, used to dance International Latin.

4. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

5. pruthe

pruthe Member

GJB

Thanks for posting Hustle video links. Brought back some memories of that time period.

6. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

7. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

8. Casey

Casey Member

oh, really looking forward to watching these - thanks!!

9. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

You're welcome !

10. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

These are the ones that look the most like the hustle we do at socials and that I'm hoping to do in a comp next year (only because I'm good at it and I love to spin so I think i'd do good and it would be great fun!)! Hustle is fun!!!

11. pruthe

pruthe Member

Great hustle videos. Lisa N is like energizer bunny ... just keeps going. :)

12. Casey

Casey Member

GJB - what program are the Raphael Pungin videos in? I can't get to them and can't load anything at work - didn't he used to post on Fotki?

13. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

That link I posted to the video Raphael posted somehow got mangled and I can't find the video on his site.

14. ashybang

ashybang New Member

I`ll echo your quote. I found the different styles interesting too.
    Ballroom is usually my favourite category but i liked the Latin Hustle best here.

It`s my first time viewing Hustle.

15. barrefly

barrefly New Member

GJB, thankyou so much for posting the links. May I offer one. (I'm suprised you haven't posted it...maybe I missed it).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xo_LXd8zog

My 14 yr. old has been training in Hustle for the last 6 months and is really coming along. (She has a show this weekend). Fortunatly, she is working with some of the best Hustle dancers, a few who's clips you have linked. I have her doing it for the lifts/acro. training....but it's all fun.
    Thanks again for the thread.

16. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

wow - guess she really trusts her partner! Holy s*it! Those lifts, throws...just amazing.

17. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

That's Eddie Vega and Lisa Nunziella. They set the record for most wins on Star Search. Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that particular routine before.