Country and Western > I am looking for Dance outfits!

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by dancinengel, Sep 4, 2005.

1. alemana

alemana New Member

i'm so glad to see newbies posting... you might want to note before you respond to a thread what the date of the last response was. not that this should keep you from posting, but it might help you contextualize your response a little.

2. Swirl

Swirl New Member

Look at this site!!

Go to UCWDC.com and select their Online Community. Tons of people are selling their CW costumes on there!!! You will see a Classified section, but it is not working. Just go to the Bulletin Board.

Hope this Helps!

SWIRL

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Thanks, Swirl. UCWDC.com Hmm. How's the community there? Friendly? Approachable? I'd love to check it out. Do you have a link to their bulletin board? :cool:

4. Swirl

Swirl New Member

UCWDC Bulletin Board

MMMM, somewhat friendly. I would suggest reading and observing first. Much of the UCWDC "politics" is discussed there and if you are not involved in it, it probably won't interest you. There are many many costumes on there right now though. It seems that I must make 15 postings in this forum before I can add in links in my posts, so just follow what I wrote on my other post. You will see it.

Swirl

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Sorry about the link restriction. We were getting some pretty nasty spammers/hackers for a while there, and the restriction seems to help.

I found the online community link on the ucwdc front page. Much appreciated. I'll lurk there for a while -- good suggestion, thanks. Every forum community has its own personality. It never hurts to know what you've getting into, before you jump in. :cool:

6. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

The ucwdc rocks, er, uh . . . what would you call it for C&W music and dancing???

I've been a member for many, many years . . . and I haven't found a better bunch of people . . . present company excluded!!!

They'd love you too p . . .!!!

7. Krissydancer

Krissydancer New Member

Some nice dancewear

You can find some basics and a good variety of shoes at allaboutdance.com

Search the ballroom category and you will be set!

Happy shopping!

8. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

That website wouldn't come up for me. :(

9. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

. . . ucwdc.com doesn't work for ya' . . . try ucwdc.org . . .

10. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

That worked!!! But I had to put www.ucwdc.org in instead. Cool site! Thanks! ;)

11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

You're welcome . . .

12. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I'm a little late getting in on this, but if you are still looking for costumes...we have had enormous success with rainbowshiu--custom made dresses at extremely reasonable cost--delivered in a couple of weeks--ballroom/latin dresses, many of which can be used for C&W. Check out the 2-way dresses--long waltz skirt added under a shorter, latin style/2-step dress. PM me if you want more details.

13. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Ah . . . you do rainbow's dresses too???

My wife has about ten of her costumes and four more on order.

Great prices . . . comparable workmanship to anyone . . . she is quick, and you have to give her explicit instructions in plain simple English (not Chinese), but once you are established with her . . . she bends over backwards to be on your side. Hell, I communicate with her very often,as I've designed several of Care's costumes!!!

14. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

We've gotten everyone at the studio hooked--we should get a commission!

15. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Yea . . . Care has about 5 of her friends hooked too . . . my only complaint, if it is one, is that hse has limited colors in AB (Swarovski) crystals, so I "DO" lots of stoning. In fact Care's Swing pants outfit was off the rack, and I dumped about 6 or 7 gross of AB crystals on it . . . she was one of the first to wear pants for Swing in the UCWDC! And she looked "HOT" . . . just ask me?