General Dance Discussion > "I Can Dance; 4 Stories"

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Larinda McRaven, Nov 7, 2011.

1. tanzer

tanzer New Member

Very interesting, thanks for posting. I would like to see the whole thing but haven't managed to find it online :(

2. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

MIT Ballroom Team is having a showing this week, on campus for the team members, since there is a huge scene with me teaching their group class. Should be fun.

3. mjr

mjr New Member

I watched this on NH PBS again last night. Shown on Boston cable. Very interesting show - look for it!

4. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

wow just saw this thread! Congratulations Larinda! Thanks for posting the youtube clips, that's really cute!

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

6. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

Welcome to DF mjr!

I used to work for PBS and it might be possible to find a distribution channel for buying the dvd. I am already contacting my two local stations to see if they will air the film.
    Congrats to Larinda and the other dancers interviewed! I watched the youtube intro clip - mahvelous!

7. Larinda McRaven

This movie will be showing on channel 13, on NY PBS, this Thursday July 12 at 10:30pm.

8. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

But will it just be shown in NY or nationally? I'll just check the local listings. Would love to see this.

9. Larinda McRaven

Each local PBS station picks it up independently. This time it is just NY PBS ch 13.

You can certainly call your own local station and request a showing in your area.

10. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Well-Known Member

Watched it last night. Very well done.

11. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

watched it last night. well done. nice stories, i loved all four stories, thank you for letting us know about the movie

12. Highly doubt it will be showing in Australia.

I really want to buy the DVD though ! Can I actually do this ?

13. Larinda McRaven

I can probably get a copy for you... pm me your info!

14. Susan Pierson

Susan Pierson New Member

I don't know if you will get this because I see that dates are from 2011. I had just seen I Can Dance Four Stories this past summer, Aug 2012. I am 61 years old and have been taking ballroom dance lessons for a little over a year now and a long time fantasy and dream of doing this has finally come true. After watching this show I was so inspired and moved by all of the stories it has made me a better ballroom dancer. Although I have a long way to go and do compeititions through my dance studio, it is by far the best thing I have ever done in my life. Is there a way I can get the DVD if this show as I see it will probably not be playing again in New Jersey for some time. Thank you so much for inspiring so many people especially me.

cornutt and pygmalion like this.
  15. Susan Pierson

Susan Pierson New Member

Can anyone help me in finding the video that Larinda McRaven did on the four stories she did.

16. MissSongbird

MissSongbird Member

Sounds very interesting! I hope I'll be able to see it.