Swing Discussion Boards > I Can't Believe I'm Doing This . . .

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Vince A, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Ditto - the feeling better - and you're a singer, and you do Godspell. I'll bet you are great! Love to hear it sometime!

2. Medira

Medira New Member

Hi!

Sorry about the silence. I'm so, so glad you're feeling better Cat. :friend:

I'm glad you had a good Father's Day weekend Vince. :)

As for me, I'm climbing the walls, but generally being a good girl. The swelling is going down around the tendon, so it isn't as sore as it was. Man, it's strange being at the office in running shoes though. (The best arch support I have in a pair of shoes is my running shoes, so they're the ones that are getting worn)

3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Climbing walls is OK, but being a good girl is not! J/K . . .

Hey . . . that's good sign, yes?

I did that for months when a Lindy Hopper, after being thrown into the air, landed right on my R foot big toe . . . all I could get on for months was my walking tennis shoes!

Give it time . . . practice that wall climbing . . . keep smiling too!

4. Medira

Medira New Member

So you follow the "Be good, or be good at it" line of thinking? ;)

Yep! It's a good sign. Less painful too.

Ow! Owow! Owowow! Sounds less than pleasant! Was it broken?

5. millersc72

millersc72 New Member

You are all the best

What a support group!!

My fiance and I have taken a slightly different approach.
    I jog about three miles one day pushing a 3yr old and bike for 6 miles towing her the next. We started the routine at the end of May.

We live in MA so it is a nice hilly environment.
    I know the scale doesnt say Ive lost much, but I feel much more fit and have started to tone nicely.

Our motivation is easy.. .we are going to Hawaii on our Honeymoon in the second week of July.

It also makes our dancing much easier and we are lighter on our feet.

6. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Oh yes . . . but I didn't learn that until a week later!

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Re: You are all the best

Welcome to the support group!

Yeow . . . that's some routine . . .

That's how I feel . . . the actual weight hasn't dropped significantly, but the overall glow of health is there - as you say - feeling fit! The tone for me has also indicated that something is happening . . . I need new slacks now!

Now that's what I call motivation, and my wife would agree with you on the location - her most favorite place to go!

I haven't noticed that yet, but I have noticed that my stamina during privates lasts for hours of practice now, whereas, I was winded during the first few privates . . .

8. Medira

Medira New Member

As Vince already said, welcome! :)

Wow! Very impressive. :)

I don't like using the scale as a way to measure improvement for a few reasons: It doesn't give you a true measure of your improvement because there are so many other factors to take into consideration and society is so focused on weight that it can easily become an unhealthy obsession. When that happens, it's easy to get stressed and the higher stress levels can stunt your progress.

Congratulations! You've picked a beautiful spot. Where in Hawaii?

:D :D :D :D :D This makes me happy.

9. Medira

Medira New Member

Yay Vince! That's wonderful to hear! :)

My favourite place to go as well...so far, at least. I have much more of the world to explore though.

Again, yay Vince! That's fabulous! :) How are the suicide sprints coming along? Do you find that they're starting to get easier?

10. millersc72

millersc72 New Member

Thanks Vince and congrats on needing new pants!

I'd like to thank you as welll Medira, you give sound advice in all the threads you post. You are always friendly, polite and supportive in all of your posts.

We are headed to JW Marriot in Oahu for a week and the Marriot beach resort in Kauai for the second week.

We plan on lots of dancing in Oahu and then lounging on the beach the second week.

My fiance is getting caught in the dancing storm. She started dancing in November so we could do a Vienese Waltz for our wedding dance and now she is hooked. She wants to learn International Smooth and American Rhythm.

I have danced Int. Smooth for the last two years (which I love) and she wants to get me into the American Smooth.

We envision needing lots of Stamina, so excercise is now mandantory!

11. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Hi Miller! Hawaii is my favorite place, too!!!! LOVE it!! My two faves in Oahu are Hanauma Bay for snorkeling, because it's so shallow for so long, I can just stand up when I want to, and two, the shallow part of Waikiki Beach behind the seawall, on a float... Ahhhhhhhhhhh. I can relax beacuse there's no deep water around. Also, Nick's Fishmarket!! YUM! Opakapaka - YUMMY!!
    You are in for some fun!

New smaller pants for Vince!!!! Whoo hooo!
    My first goal is -I want to fit into my jeans.
    Much later goal : to fit into my Latin costume!

We go! We go! 8)

12. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

*panting heavily* . . . just got back from a lunchtime power- walk . . . need oxygen and a change of shirts!

Not yet on those wind (suicide) sprints . . . as I've only done them twice now. Most of the time . . . my son will join me, or my wife, or I'm walking the dog . . . or, as in most cases, I'm beat from work, and have zero energy!

At least I'm truthful, yes?

Give me six months, then ask me again???

13. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Sounds good, Vince. 8) You're getting there. :friend: :D

14. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I walked today, my next-to-smallest route, not fast. Stretched a little. Ate too much birthday cake. :roll: Did 2 loads of laundry, that's a medium workout.
    I'm okay. 8)

15. millersc72

millersc72 New Member

Keep up the good work everyone.
    Vince, you will get the sprints down... the stamina will build up!

Medira was it your birthday?

We were stuck at the reception hall till late last night going over number so we didnt get out last night. That means a harder workout for us tonight.

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Good. One step at a time. 8) :D

17. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

It is good that everyone seems to be sticking (most of the time) to whatever program they choose. It is especially hard to start a runnng or walking regime in summer when it is so warm out.
    It was 91 yesterday afternoon when my dh and I went out for our run. We do go slow and carry water. Today will be as bad. Tomorrow it is supposed to be over 95 so that means we get up at 5:30 am and go before work. I hate that!!!

18. millersc72

millersc72 New Member

Hi Cat
    Forgot to thank you for the helpful tips on Oahu.
    Any other must do's for Oahu?
    We definately will be snorkeling and I am debating a dinner cruise.
    I figure Pearl Harbor is a must and maybe a Luau.

I will keep your beach info on hand!

In Kauai we will definately take a helicopter tour and horse back riding.

19. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Yes . . . let me echo that! Everyone seems to be heading in the right direction . . .

That's easy for you to say . . . but, *singing* "I won't back down . . ."

20. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Well, we're trying . . . sometimes it's too warm, so swimming takes the running/walking bit.

Starting a regime in summer is better than starting in mid-winter, no?

Same here . . . 90s today, so I went this AM, and will walk tonight with my beautiful wife . . . I noticed it was getting really hot out last week, as when I was walking/running with the dog . . . he started pulling away . . . wanting to run in the grass, instead of the street.

I was so preoccupied with my running . . . I forgot about the dog . . . and how "HOT" the pavement gets for his feet pads. Now we go after the sun goes down . . . if he goes!