Swing Discussion Boards > I Can't Believe I'm Doing This . . .

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Vince A, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Medira

Medira New Member

Glad to hear you're taking it easy, though still keeping up with it Cat. :)

Birthday cake, huh? Whose birthday was it? (If it was yours, happy belated birthday! :friend:)

2. Medira

Medira New Member

Nope! Not mine. My birthday is in April. :)

3. Medira

Medira New Member

:friend:

Thank you so much! I enjoy being able to help out and the motivational support I'm receiving makes it all more than worth it. :) I love it here. Everyody is just wonderful.

EDIT: I'm out of it today. I forgot the rest of my post!

Sounds fabulous! Be sure to check out the Polynesian Cultural Center. It's great for an afternoon and you can see a wonderful luau in the evenings. Hanauma Bay is a great spot for snorkelling and just lounging on the beach. I'd suggest getting there early in the day, when it isn't too busy. The North Shore is very neat to see when the surf is up. 30+ foot waves and the crazy surfers who tackle them...Hoo-boy, it's a sight! Even if the surf isn't high, it's quite pretty though. Also, on your way around the island, keep an eye out for Kailua Beach. It's one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Perfect white sand, gorgeous, warm turquoise water...just lovely. Pearl Harbor/Arizona Memorial is a must. The International Marketplace is fun to wander through on a nice warm evening. Also look into outrigger canoeing, a ride on a catamaran sailboat and even surfing lessons! :D

It's wonderful that the two of you can dance together. I keep saying I need to find myself a man who will dance with me. What song will you be dancing to at your wedding?

EDIT AGAIN: If you're a movie buff, or even if you're not, check out the Byodo-in temple on Oahu located in the valley of the temples. It's a gorgeous, tranquil place...a replica of a 900 year-old buddhist temple in Japan. It was filmed for some of the scenes in the movie Pearl Harbor during the approach for their target in Japan. Also, I almost forgot, the Nuuanu Pali Lookout will give you a fabulous panoramic view of the island. It's a beautiful site to visit located (if I remember correctly) somewhere between Hanauma Bay and Sea Life Park.

4. Medira

Medira New Member

I agree completely! Congratulations and kudos to everybody who's working so hard!

As far as the sprints go, no worries. It's all good. :) I was just curious! Swimming is a wonderful alternative to running, and actually better for you because there isn't any impact on your joints like you get from pounding the pavement. Personally, I hate running, so I would much rather swim. (and I usually do)

5. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

You know, then, how much easier an exerise program of any kind is when you are sharing it with a "beautiful wife" or a terrific husband. There are days when one of us doesn't really feel like going out but the other is ready to and that is enough motivation. Neither one of us wants to be the one to wimp out because it is too hot or too col or we are too tired.

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

A lot of folks have non-spouse exercise partners, too. Anything to help keep motivated ... as long as you're not my girlfriends who go to the gym and end up chatting instead of exercising. :lol: :lol:

7. millersc72

millersc72 New Member

Was back to the program last night after the day off due to the reception hall meeting. Six miles on the bike.

I think it's time for a new bike seat. My behind is killing me! To many bad roads to be going over on my hard seat!!

Medira - Thanks for all the Oahu tips!!! We will be sure to check them out while we are there! I looked them up in my Frommers guide last night!

We will be dancing to Ice Cream by Sarah M. It is a slow V. Waltz so it can show off her gown and wont be as stressfull as a competition speed song. We have added in some American turns in it so it should be flowing and show off the bride during the dance.

I just need to be sure and have a friend tape it so we can save it! (we wont be having a videographer for the wedding)

8. Sobrero

Sobrero New Member

SIX MILES?? I am truly impressed dear millersc72!!!!!
    No wonder you are in such a state :lol: :lol:

I hope that everything works out with the wedding and that you will find an Exceptional videographer!!!! :wink:

Best wishes :kissme:
    :friend:

Sobrero

9. millersc72

millersc72 New Member

Thanks Sobrero.
    I wised up and went and bought a gel bike seat cover during lunch!

It will make the trips much more.... pleasant!

10. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Your derriere will thank you for that purchase . . .

11. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

I did get up at 5:00 and went running. Yawn, yawn, yawn.
    But I also feel pretty smug knowing that I have my exercising out of the way for the day.

12. pygmalion

Amen to that sister! There's a lot to be said for just getting it out of the way. 8) :D

13. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Enough resting. Today I went and worked out upper body, sit-ups, and swam and did leg lifts in the pool.
    :D :!:

14. pygmalion

Excellent! :D Sounds like you have a good night's sleep ahead of you, cccc. 8)

15. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

:kitty:
    Thank you!
    I had a good salad for dinner, too. Now the challenge for the rest of the night is to stay away from the cake!

Just danced to one of my favorite West Coast Swings - Danny's All Star Joint by the incomparable Rickie Lee Jones. Cooling down with Coolsville.

16. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

YOU ALL are such winners . . . :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

17. millersc72

millersc72 New Member

Happy Friday!!!
    Just think about how much more fit everyone is for the effort put into it!!!

Great job everyone!!!!

18. Medira

Medira New Member

Cat, great job with the workout last night! It sounds like it was just right. Are you still feeling good today?

Swingolder, I give you a ton of credit for going for a run at dark o'clock. I have a hard enough time dragging my rump out of bed, rolling into clothes and heading out to the train in the mornings. I can't fathom actually going for a run at that hour. (Can you tell I'm not a morning person?)

Vince, you're right! Everybody here is a winner. :) I look forward to reading all about everybody's progress when I get to work in the morning.

Happy Friday millersc! I hope the gel bike seat cover works out well for you. :) By the way, have I mentioned within the last hour or so that I'm envious of your upcoming trip to Hawaii? Just in case I haven't, I'm envious. :p ;)

On my end, I weighed myself today (two weeks have passed since my last weighing) and I've finally broken the 40lb. mark! I've lost 41lbs. since I finished physiotherapy and started dancing again in February! I'm feeling really good, and it's showing too! I saw a friend of mine last night for the first time in about a month and the first thing she commented on was the fact that I was looking good. :D *warm fuzzies*

My foot is feeling better and the swelling has gone down to the point where it doesn't hurt to walk on it any more, unless I'm going for long distances. Tonight is the Santana concert, so I'll be bopping along for that, but no real dancing. I'm definitely dancing for a little while this coming Wednesday night though. My instructor, who has become a wonderful friend over the last four months, is leaving next weekend for a month and a half in El Salvador, so we'll have a goodbye lesson. Most likely it will be salsa, since that's his favourite. Aside from that though, I'm being a good girl. The gym has seen more of me this week than it has in longer than I care to admit and I'm planning on putting in a lot of hours in the lake at the cottage this weekend. Speaking of which, I'll be out of touch until Sunday night or Monday morning.

19. millersc72

millersc72 New Member

Glad to hear you have been going to the gym more Medira! WooHooo.
    Lets hope the positive influence from everyone is making all of us more enthusiatic about our workouts.

I tried the gel seat last night. I must say it added a lot more.. comfort! It was my best outing on the bike!

I must admit I am looking forward to the Hawaiian Honeymoon! I will be sure to post some pictures once I'm back.

Be sure to take it easy at the Santana concert and at the lake. No setbacks!!

-----------------------
    Friday's Humour

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

20. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Good to see you are taking care of yourself Medira. :D

And I'm looking foward to seeing the Hawaian and other pics millersc75.