Swing Discussion Boards > I Can't Believe I'm Doing This . . .

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Vince A, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Medira

Medira New Member

I find that having the encouragement here has been helping wonderfully for my motivation. :) It's been great!

That's great to hear! It'll probably make those six miles feel a lot better in the long run.

I look forward to it! :D *envyenvyenvy* ;)

*salutes* Sir, yes sir! I have my bathing suit and book packed and I'm prepared to spend it lying out on the dock. :D Either that, or driving my dad around the lake on the water ski.

*falls over laughing* That's just great. Thanks for the laugh!

2. Medira

Medira New Member

Thank you sweetie. :) I don't want to be out more than I need to be, so I plan on taking it easy for a while.

3. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Hey, everybody! Go team!

Congratulations, Medira on your 40 mark!! Whoo hooo!
    Have fun at Santana!! Wish I were joining you!

I'm feeling good today. I love what that rear delt and pec fly machine does for my posture and alignment! I fell taller and stronger.

I'm planning to go out dancing this weekend! YAY!!!

4. Medira

Medira New Member

Thanks so much Cat! :friend:

I'm really looking forward to the concert. One of my favourite concert memories comes from the last Santana concert I went to, so there's a special place in my heart for it. :)

Yay Cat! That's great to hear! Have tons of fun but don't push too hard though. We don't want you out of commission! :friend: :friend:

5. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

And congratulations on your successes.

6. chachachacat

Thanks, M! :friend:
    My Very First Routine was to Black Magic Woman - cha cha!! I've always loved Santana! Back in the whitebread Midwaste, I'd not heard any "Latin" music, except for my cool Mom who was a music major, and played Cal Tjader's Soul Burst, which I still listen to to this day. I didn't know what it was about these bands that I liked, but it was the Latin Rhythms!
    Cha Cha Cha!!!

7. Medira

Medira New Member

I wasn't exposed to much "latin" music outside of Santana because my dad was a fan of classic rock and mom was more of an AC fan. My first boyfriend was originally from Brazil, so he started me on latin and I got hooked. Just like I got hooked on latin dancing. It was game over from there. :)

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Interesting. I was strictly an R&B girl, myself, until the infamous Joe P., my jazz piano player boyfriend, came along. Ahh. Memories. 8)

9. millersc72

millersc72 New Member

Hope everyone had a fun and exciting weekend!

We went on a 12 mile bike trek on Saturday morning then went to a dance party for a couple hours in the evening. I was hurting yesterday! (but in a good way)

Any good workouts?
    Anything fun?

10. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I'm sure glad I have you all to re-motivate me . . .

I had Wed, Thur, and Fri off last week . . . worked in the backyard (re-landscaping it), sat by the pool, and played guitar for the five days of (including the weekend). I ate what I wanted to eat and drank beer . . . it's "HOT" here! I know I lost calories, but did absolutely zero exercise - other than the yardwork . . . for five days! My diabetes hated me . . .

I'm back to work this week . . . reading and catching up on the posts here in the DF. Just reading all the above is helping me to get back to having improved eating habits, and I can't wait to walk at lunchtime and run/lift weights tonight!

Thanks for being there . . . whether you knew it or not!

11. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

WAlking at lunch, and then joging eventually?

I didn't do much after discovering my sprained toe Saturday afternoon. But, then we have had 90 plus degree weather so I'm excused.

12. millersc72

millersc72 New Member

Weather in MA this weekend was 99 degrees on Saturday and 98 yesteday.

We were out on the bicycles at 7:30 in the morning to make sure we got in the excercise!

Just remember... Will power! Could also do excercise indoors, stretching, sit ups, yoga... all the possibilities!

Then again, a weekend off now and then is a good thing.
    Especially if you have a sprained toe! Sorry to hear about that!!!

13. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Do they make this is in "a pill form???

14. pygmalion

Will power pills?!? Whoever thought that up is going to make a fortune. :wink: :lol:

15. millersc72

millersc72 New Member

Pill form will power... hmmmm...... How could we do that.....

Yesterday was a wasted day. Started on the 12 mile lap and my Fiance and I pretty much guilted a friend into coming along. (the power of having a 3yr old ask) Turns out she started having a panic attack right at the beginning.
    She didnt like being on the road with cars going by. (YIKES!!) She was in tears, we felt awful... So we turned around and went back to the house.

She felt awful about making us turn back and we felt terrible because we pretty much made her go... Needless to say, our excercise was done for the night.

So, tell me all about your good routines!

16. Medira

Medira New Member

Vince - No need to feel bad or guilty about taking time to relax. The body needs it sometimes, and as long as it doesn't become a habit, it can actually give you what you need to feel a little more rejuvenated when you get back into the exercise. :) It's all good. I'm glad we can help to motivate you to keep going! We will all reach our goals. I know it!

Sagitta - Take it easy on that sprained toe! I know how much of a pain they can be. *healing vibes*

millers - 12 miles! :notworth: :notworth: :notworth: Keep it up! That's fabulous! I'm sorry to hear about your friend and her panic attack though. Is there maybe a park area that you guys could run in? It might be more conducive to her anxiety?

As for me, I spent the weekend at our little cottage up north. I spent a good portion of it in the lake and in the sun, just enjoying things. I got out sailing for a bit and water skiing too. Not to mention a few swims across the lake on Saturday and a swim of the length of the lake on the Sunday. Last night, I went to the studio for a 45 minute group class to test out the foot, since it's been really good lately, then hit the pool for a 5 1/2 hour swim where I swam my tail off until my limbs gave out on me after 522 lengths. Tonight, I'm considering another group class because I'm feeling good, the classes are slow-ish (a lot of standing around while the demos are happening) and I'm on flat jazz sneakers with good arch support. I'll be packing for sure tonight though, for my trip this weekend.

That's about it for me!

We haven't heard from Cat yet. How are you doing, lovely lady?

17. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

I had a coworker who told me it was really dumb of me to run on the sidewalks next to busy streets. He said the exhaust from the cars going by was really bad for my lungs. THEN, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, HE WENT OUTSIDE TO SMOKE A CIGERETTE!

18. pygmalion

The irony. :lol: :lol:

19. chachachacat

Medira - Five and a half hours of swimming????!!! In a row???
    Wow!! You rock!

Me, after recovering from dancing Saturday, I walked Sunday, was very busy job-hunting and interviwing! Monday and Tuesday.
    Today I am going to walk to the store.
    And, now that I'm in the Motivational thread, maybe I'll workout!
    Situps, at least.

All this exercise has really made me stronger and more energetic already!!!!

How's Vince? Glad you had fun, now get busy! :wink: :lol:

20. millersc72

millersc72 New Member

Medira - 522 lengths? WOW!!!
    Thats excellent!

ChaChaCat - Walking to the store is always a great thing. Especially since you have to carry things back!

PY - People are really amusing in their own right. That's when we just smile!

Keep up the good work everyone!