Dancers Anonymous > I don't want a relationship. I don't need a relationship.

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by brujo, Sep 26, 2005.

1. brujo

brujo New Member

When I was younger, I always wanted a relationship. Get a girlfriend. A man is not complete without a woman, blah blah bleh bleh.

Funny how things change.

Now I look at all the drama in a relationship, all the broken promises and sad statistics and wonder - do I really need this? I'm surrounded by young university kids that are hooking up left and right, and in my mind I just don't have the energy to deal with all the garbage.

Am I the only one?

2. Sabor

Sabor New Member

its up to u to complicate things or keep it simple.. if u keep it simple u dont have to deal with what u term 'garbage'

its all perspective afterall.. but we do need women in our lives in some capacity so if u gona rule them out.. hey.. goodluck

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Honey, you have to turn over a lot of rocks before you find your perfect salamander!

4. Rosa

Rosa New Member

You live and learn...

If I get out of this one intact (which I will) then it's no more committed relationships for me. Male friends, OK. Casual boyfriends, OK. Dance partners, OK. But nothing more! Ever! :twisted: :D :D :D

Rosa :)

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

no woman who has the dance quote that you have...could ever possibly mean that :wink:

6. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

or maybe you live and you don't learn.

No I can't be bothered. I've had some nice girlfriends in the past but they all left for one reason or another, even though there were a few that I would have been happy spending a lifetime with...

No I find that women's expectations are too high and unrealistic, further complicated by the fact that they don't actually want what they say they want.

I'm getting used to it; I meet an attractive women whilst out dancing, but no I can't be bothered.......

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Wow. :?

I'm an optimist and a dyed-in-the-wool romantic, so ... :lol: I have been where you are, brujo, when my heart was broken. But then it mended. :wink: *shrug*

So my answer is I want a relationship. I don't need one to survive, but I do want one and I'm confident I'll find one, or one will find me. 8)

8. I think it's really up to each person (and couple) to work things out for themselves. It's so easy to believe that relationships should just happen like magic like they do in the movies. But really, relationships are hard work, just like your job, just like dancing, etc. If you're expecting it to be easy all the time, then you're most likely going to be disappointed. But hey, if you're willing to work things through, compromise, listen, and admit when you're wrong ... who knows what you'll find?

(Yes, you can call me a hopeless romantic, and I'll admit it ... :wink: )

9. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

My dh was single for 7 years before he met me. He had some bad experiences too but I am glad he didn't give up on relationships or else he and I would not be where we are today. You just never know what or who is around the corner :D :D :D

10. HF

HF New Member

I am a committing fan of long-time relationships - ideally life-long.

No quick tryouts for me ...

11. jon

jon Member

Re: I don't want a relationship. I don't need a relationship

Eventually hormones build up to the point of overwhelming cynicism, and the cycle begins anew :wink:

12. diputs

diputs New Member

I think the same way, Brujo.

Unfortunately I do not always feel that way.

Luckily I have been working too much lately to even notice women. OK, truth is I notice them, but do not have any time for them, so it makes things easy.

I am sure that I will fall in love again. Right now I have a lot of me that I need to take care of. Although I think if the right woman came up and knocked me upside the head, I would probably let her into my life.

I tend to put woman on pedestals. (Just high enough to see up their skirts :) ) If I took the time to look at the women standing next to me, I would probably realize how great they are.
    [/b]

13. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

Note to self: remember panties under skirt when diputsnyc in vicinity.

14. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

As they say, been there, done that, bought the relevant book, postcard, etc. I think we all feel that way at one point. I spent a long time not wanting a relationship, then when I started wanting one, no-one was interested so I stopped wanting it again, to save myself from the heartache. I have never felt that I needed a relationship to make myself whole. Now I'm in a great relationship with a fantastic guy and things have never felt more natural.

Just give it time Brujo, you'll get your mojo back! And don't think you are strange for feeling this way. You're normal.

15. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Re: I don't want a relationship. I don't need a relationship

We all have choices. It's ok to rule out the lesser choices and only pick from among the best options. ;)

16. DancePoet

Wow! Even this "keep it simple" stuff could work into the picture. Hmmm ... I'm impressed again Sabor. :D

17. DancePoet

And look behind alot of masks. ;)

18. DancePoet

Oh my! Giving up the on the real deal, eh? ;)

19. DancePoet

:lol:

20. DancePoet

Hmmm ... perhaps a change of perspective would help?