Dancers Anonymous > I don't want a relationship. I don't need a relationship.

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by brujo, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Same here! :cool: :D

Rosa :)

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

agree...but what I meant and failed to be precise about was to say that sometimes some folk never learn how to appreciate normal and calm as safe....and they instead find it boring regardless of whether it is or not...and the key is their learning how to deal with that....

3. Medira

Medira New Member

I'd absolutely love a safe relationship. I'm still a bit hesitant after my last broken heart though, so I'll stick with being terminally single for a while yet.

4. fascination

not a bad plan....

5. Rosa

Rosa New Member

You and me both, Medira. :cool:

6. Medira

Medira New Member

:friend: :D

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Umm... Perhaps I should have included the disclaimer "for me." For me, safe is a curse. No. To be perfectly frank, the first thing I usually decide about a guy is sexual attraction, yes or no. There's nothing safe about that, IMO.

8. pygmalion

Oh yeah, and for cl5814, what does yip mean? :?

9. pygmalion

I'm fairly sure I responded to this a few months back, but just for the record, I wasn't talking about sleeping around, then or now. God only knows why folks who've seen me and my comments in DF for months and months would draw such erroneous conclusions and take my statements so far out of context. :?

When I was young and reckless, I did stuff like camp out with my girl buddies on cold winter nights and wait in line for concert tickets. Really fun stories to tell later, and no STDs involved.

Really, folks. Hmm. :?

10. fascination

mee too...sad but true

11. fascination

aww c,mon...we all know about your loose moral fiber:rolleyes:

12. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Like Medira, I need to stay out of relationships until I can learn to avoid the unsafe ones. Now you've handed me the key: I'll be the safe guy, so I won't attract any trouble. I'll stay safe by being safe.

Not the long-term solution, but it's where I'm at presently.

13. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I think most of us are the same, thanks to good old Mother Nature, who fixed it that way so that the species wouldn't die out.

But then the question we've got to ask ourselves (if the sexual attraction is there) is, are we going to act on it or not? :confused:

Safety may or may not come into it, depending on the stage we're at in our lives.

14. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Still, some of us are much worse.

Twilight Elena

15. pygmalion

Yep. I think you've hit the nail on the head, Rosa. Pheremones are a reality. If an attractive guy walks into the room, I'm going to notice. (And I wouldn't have it any other way. :wink: )

But I still have the responsibility to choose whether and how I act on any attractions I feel. The vast majority of the time, I don't take any action at all. Some small percentage of the time, I flirt. A smaller percentage of the time, I'll pursue a relationship of some sort. And an even smaller percentage of the time, the relationship will develop into a long-term, committed (and yes, sexual) one.

But that's just me. *Shrug*

I'll have to go back, one of these days, and re-read lynn's original comments that prompted my visceral, "don't go the safe route," remarks. I have no time right now, but maybe later. :cool:

16. Rosa

Rosa New Member

That's a pattern that a lot of us will recognise...

17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Dollars to donuts it's the same thing as "ayuh."

18. fascination

you do know I was joking right?

19. fascination

this is wisdom...but unsafe also sometimes likes safe.....just be smart

20. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

With every broken relationship a little piece is lost, but at the same time a little new piece has been created as well. We grow and live to have relationships...

Why do we live otherwise? Is the purpose of living simply existential pleasures, eating, sleeping, working...from birth to death?