Event Announcements > I have a ticket for the Supershag NY Eve Party

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Merrylegs, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

And can't use it. The event is sold out but I know people are still looking for tickets. If you want to buy it from me please get in touch via PM. I'll sell it for face value $35

This event is in Waltham, MA.

Peace out,
    Michelle

(Dear Mods, is this cool to post here?)

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

This is the right place, Michelle. Active DFers, such as yourself, can post ads in this forum. :) Too bad you're going to miss the party at SuperShag. And good luck with finding a buyer for your ticket. :D

3. Merrylegs

I'm totally bummed out about missing the party. I'm having some persistent health issues and think it's best to not attend so I can get some rest.

And, just after I posted this thread I realized that someone had broken into my home and stolen some stuff. I'm sticking close to home this weekend.

The locks are being changed today and not even my condo's management company is getting a copy. I work 3 miles from home, if they need to get in they can call me.

I'm guessing my stuff ended up under someone else's Christmas tree. I'm really upset over it.

So, if someone wants to buy the ticket so I can put the funds towards the re-purchase of the brand new stereo (not even out of the box) I just lost, I'd be really appreciative!

Thanks. Sorry for the rant.

4. redhead

redhead New Member

I'm sorry to hear that Michelle. You'll have better luck next year, for sure

5. Merrylegs

Thanks, Redhead.

I suspect it was a heating contractor doing work on our building. They kept locking themselves out of the units they were working on so they just made multiple copies of everyone's keys-and didn't tell us about it. It was a strange way we found out, completely by accident. Who knows if all the keys made their way back to the owners?

I'm pretty freaked out about it and am trying not to lose faith. Well, I'm off to call the management company and give 'em hell.

See ya,
    M

6. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

7. Merrylegs

I've found a buyer for the ticket!

8. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

If you lost enough to make it worthwhile, I'd try to get some compensation from the management company. It seems like negligence to allow a contractor to duplicate keys and not account for them.

9. Merrylegs

thanks. I'm working on it. Unfortunately not a lot of people are around today since some are considering it an early holiday. I've left messages all over the place.

I'm still shocked and a little sick over it.

10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

That's really unacceptable. Have you checked if any of your neighbors have also "lost" anything? And I agree with waltzgirl, the management company clearly has some liability for your losses and, if they are responsible, should compensate you (at least partially).

Anyway, I'm glad you found a buyer for your ticket, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, and really soirry about the theft. But here's to a happy, healthy, and dance-filled new year... :cheers:

11. AndrewFishel

AndrewFishel New Member

New Years Eve at SuperShag

Just a reminder that SuperShag is SOLD OUT for New Years Eve and you will NOT be able to buy tickets at the door. If you have any questions please email andy@supershag.com

Have a happy and safe New Years
    The SuperShag Famaily

12. Merrylegs

Thanks for the kind words Jonathan, and everyone. I appreciate the support. Supershag, too!

I have a call in to the management company and have notified the Trustees of my condo association. I'm waiting to hear back from the mgt. co, my guess is they have taken an extended holiday weekend.

None of my neighbors have said if any of their stuff was missing, I guess I'm the lucky one.

I'm going to look into having the contractor pay to have my locks changed.

It totally sucks not feeling safe in your own home. I'm dealing with it but I think it's going to take a little time.

Thanks again everyone, have a safe New Year's eve!

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

What, no homeowners/renters insurance?

14. Merrylegs

Yeah, I do. My condo assoc. has been talking about having the locks changed and the contractor absorbing the cost for about a month or so. It seems like we're going to have to revisit this matter.

I don't think I should have to pay a deductible or a locksmith. Know what I mean?

15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Wow. It is an awful feeling, coping after a break-in. Several years ago, when my place was burglarized, it took weeks before I slept peacefully again. :?

Here's hoping they nab the bad guys, Michelle. (They did in my case, because the twits stole my answering machine and didn't erase the message. :lol:) And here's hoping you get some well-deserved rest. :)

16. chandra

chandra New Member

LOL, nothing like theifs turning themselves in by stupidity eh?

Yah, goodluck!