Dance Articles > I just spent over an hour creating a thread

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by deema, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deema

deema New Member

and wasnt "warned' that a link to imagery could not be posted until I clicked submit. I understand the spam filter, but in no way is mine spam and it can easily be verified. It SHOULD have just accepted it and gone to a moderator.

"Join more discussion and become a part of the community" is way too vague, as well. You should understand that things such as that are not always possible, for myriad reasons, and it should not, in any way, mean that someone such as myself should not be able to post. You are unfairly punishing everyone because some spam. That is a backwards way of thinking
    '
    I of course get that you must protect the community. And I of course want to have a discussion. But the only discussion I am capable of having is the one related to my thread, as it is my only link to the dance art form. There must be a way to handle this, yes? I cannot just post the text without the imagery because it will look just like a bunch of long concepts without any way for folks to reference it.

My name is Matthew Wood (deema), software developer and digital media designer can find out all you need through fb, google+, deviantART, youtube, linkedin, and any number of other sites... I also have aspergersw syndrome which is why my communication techniques appear odd to some.. I assure you, I think they are not, so even steven...There should really be some type of instant everify like how the airline industry handles frequent fliers who can bypass restrictions. Perhaps my next development..... probably not

2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Yes, I have a couple of dance friends with AS. Their communication style takes some getting used to. However, they're dedicated dancers, which is what counts here. And good for you for reaching out.

3. deema

deema New Member

Hey, thanks, Loki. Now if this isn't "fate", what are the odds that the person replying would have the same name as the Marvel character taking Mephisto's place in the Infinity Gauntlet story line in the Marvel cinema version. The same story line that I have recreated by using my conceptual translation of dancer's movements and added video fx to so that the world can be conveyed a singular story per performance, rather than everyone having their own separate interpretations of the abstract art being performed? Clearly just a coincidence, but a very big one, I would say, purely based on their only being twenty or so names in the story and there being over 30 million names on the planet... Odds are, literally, a million and a half, to one. Pretty crazy (even greater than that, though, as that isnt your real name, and so must add total number of fictional names to the 30 million real ones)

Yes, to be clear, I am not a dancer. But I am the first person on the planet able to translate between the abstract performances and put into a way that all can understand..(kind of what I specialize in. I did the same thing for the desktop environment and Splinter)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

perhaps...if you had read the guidelines before participating, common sense...you could have spared yourself some frustration....

5. deema

deema New Member

Cept not really common sense, relative to other forums, is it? Other forums have a sticky at the top of the forum with the rules. You should do yourself and others a favor, and not attempt to insult, especially when you do it poorly

6. deema

deema New Member

and @Loki, forgot to mention, and for some reason unable to edit the post, but I don't dance "now" after getting injured in the Navy and getting stuck with a titanium hip. One of the recalled ones so my dancing days are over. Not that I was ever good enough to call myself a "dancer", but I got down a lil bit

7. fascination

you sir, have set the tone for your experience here....and it will be short-lived if you don't moderate yourself....we don't do hostility and combativeness here...reading the rules for anything before you use it is common sense...expert as you are, it is no stretch to note the guidelines at the top of the page....regardless of your opinion, this forum is run the way it is run...it would be wise for you to now take note of that guideline page and either abide by the rules or find a forum that is more to your liking

IndyLady likes this.
  8. fascination

we are done arguing in the public forum...if you have a complaint, take it to the staff mailbox or you can expect to recieve an infraction....as I said, please read the guidelines....I won't be spending an entire day pulling negative commentary off of various threads....take your issues there...

9. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

lol... this made my morning for some reason

FancyFeet likes this.
  10. fascination

glad it worked for someone....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.