General Dance Discussion > I love my dance teacher....

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by flamingo, Dec 16, 2004.

1. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I can second that from very painful experience. Watching this "dance teacher crush" thing going on & on....

2. huey

huey New Member

I've certainly noticed this with women of all ages, shapes and sizes I've danced with. Female friends of mine often talk about feeling the same way about male dancers.

3. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

Don't all these reasons also apply to the 250+ other female students he has? And so, how can you fall in love, knowing that your chances are one out of 250? It's like falling in love for Tom Cruise, and you wouldn't do that, would you?

4. Lofland

Lofland New Member

(tearing the pages of dance studios out of the phone book so I can go fill out applications to be a teacher/irresistible babe magnet)

5. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

oh, just buy a puppy!

6. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

ok...so I guess I can now give all my DF'ers an update about me and my dance teacher.....

I still thinks that he is extremely cute....he asked me the other day if I think he is cute. He asks those kind of questions a lot for a reason that I mentioned before. I told him while laughing that if and only if he is not.... I would date him, and yes I think he is cute. Then he got all happy.

Then the next day, we went to a bar together, and the he got all jealous for a guy (one of his friends) hitting on me. At the moment, I suddently realize that there is nothing to be sad about (remember I used to cry about no possibility btwn him and I?).

It's like things are all over. Though, when we dance latin, especially Rumba together, we still act like we are in love, and all romantic (and touching each other's body), the moment we get off the dance floor, we are just friends, normal friends.

I guess this is good, even though I still do wish things are different.......

7. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I live with a dance teacher... :) My partner... :)

Well... it is sometimes hard to see the cute young girls waiting for him to snap his fingers at them and take them out for a coffee... or something else... But I don't worry that much... If it happens, well, there's not much I can do about it, and I cannot live in fear and lack of trust... I told him I trusted him and G0d forbid he did something and I found out about it... (I am good at finding out, sooner or later...)

8. Kuriin

Kuriin New Member

I had a crush on my dance teacher a while ago. I still do, some, but not as much.

9. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Tell me about it! :D

10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I hear wearing a wedding ring works too...

11. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Well I'm not actually dancing cheek-to-cheek bachatas with Tom Cruise, am I?

Twilight Elena

P.s. Pygmalion, we should open up a DF bakery for psychological support cookies and croissants. Gotta love them.

12. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

I certainly agree. So why don't more guys realize this?

13. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

Yeah, but puppies poop and chew up your prized posessions....

14. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Like shoes!!!

15. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

Exactly. And it just has to be your favorite pair. You'd think that dreadful pair of 80's pumps would do, but noooooo!

16. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

Man, did I hijack this thread! :oops:

17. Cardel Turner

Cardel Turner New Member

It is funny on how we see these beautiful women my teacher included and you want to take them on a date, but have to be aware of the policy they have enforced. I say this if you have feelings IE: your teacher or lady partner, keep it a even keel. Never tell them how you feel. Have to look at it as a big fantasy and you do not want to get caught up in the fantasy. No matter how much you hold her in your arms and the feeling is wonderful! Do not look in her eyes do not kiss her, once you have done that, you let your heart get in the way. I have been dancing for almost three years and I made sure that I keep it on a even keel! We make the mistake of making more than what it is and we (men and women) get hurt and we do not want to dance anymore! You have to look at it like at work she/he is a dance partner and nothing more. You cannot fall in love with her or him. Keep it professional

18. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

And don't ever, EVER feed her after midnight.

twnkltoz and tancos like this.
  19. DL

DL Well-Known Member

<snicker>

20. Soulmate61

Soulmate61 Active Member

Вы пишете как английская девушка