Dance Ads > I need a Latin Dress.... NOW (Dancing May 3rd)

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Me, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Me

Me New Member

Can't be a lycra overseas number - has to be very nice. My conditions are:

1. Cannot be red
    2. Cannot be black
    3. Cannot be white
    4. Cannot be animal print.

Why? Can't be red because I was filmed in the red dress last night. Can't be black or white because it just doesn't look that great when filmed for television (unless very professional, like DWTS for example.) Can't be animal print, as another dancer will be wearing a Latin costume with animal print.

If anybody has any leads, please post! I will even rent at this late date.

Thank you!

2. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

All of the dresses I have are red, black, or white, so I'm afraid I'm of no help. Good luck!

Have you tried any of the online rental places? Depending on how busy the weekend is in terms of comps, you may be able to get something last minute.

3. BM

BM New Member

Quick! Buy a bra, panties, some rhinestones, and napkins! :D

Unfortunately I can't help either: both of my Latin dresses are black . . .

Are there any dance stores around that stock practise wear? With some added stones or fringe or whatever accessories you may have, you could certainly make that work.

Good luck!

4. Me

Me New Member

LOL BM I might do that. ;D *runs to Bed Bath and Beyond and Victoria's Secret*

5. BM

BM New Member

You may not even go to Bed Bath & Beyond. I haven't been into Victoria's Secret recently (I'm beyond broke right now :(), but whenever I've gone in with ballroom friends, there is ALWAYS something on at least one of the mannequins that will cause one of us to say, "Oooooooooh I just found my new Latin outfit!!." Given your current sense of urgency, I might actually seriously consider it, but I would definitely have to stone whatever I bought to death: I wouldn't want my audience thinking "Is she actually just wearing a VS get-up??" ;)

I'm keeping my extremities crossed for you!

6. BM

BM New Member

[​IMG]

And it comes in different colours! :D

7. Me

Me New Member

:shock:

I like it!

8. BM

BM New Member

That's pretty PG for them. The stuff I've seen on the mannequins could easily pass for burlesque theatre wardrobes sometimes. If nothing else works out, at least you've got a back-up (might want to check with the see-through factor on it before dancing under lights with it, though . . .)! ;)

9. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

(trying to find a better pic of the 1st yellow one)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

here's a little one:
    [​IMG]
    as you can see, the skirt moves very well :p

11. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

I have more pics of the yellow latin dress from the original seller on my Hotmail account, but Hotmail is being really dodgy right now and I can't log in :confused:

12. BM

BM New Member

I love the yellow one - however, yellow doesn't like me . . . oh well!

13. danceislove

danceislove New Member

oooh i really like the yellow and pink ones :) and123 are you selling those?

14. Me

Me New Member

Wow actually I like all of those.

I might like to buy one, lol! Are those dresses posted online somewhere?

15. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Yellow one can be loaned (MQ already asked! :)) and the pink one is for loan or sale. I assume you mean the golden yellow and not the blinding screaming yellow two-piece.

16. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Nah, they're all part of my insane collection. Many I'm willing to sell, and some are for loan only. I probably should put an archive of pics online somewhere. At the moment they're all sitting on a USB drive.

17. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Ok, here's the original pic:
    [​IMG]

18. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Very nice latin dresses!

19. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

and some others:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I have removed the "drape" in back but still have it, and also added more substantial cuppage in the bra area. I would say the last 3 pics are truest to color. It's a very warm yellow (mango?). The stones are crystal AB, fire opal, and sun.

20. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

OMG. I.want.THAT.NOW!!!