Dance Ads > I need a Latin Dress.... NOW (Dancing May 3rd)

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Me, Apr 12, 2007.

1. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

You know, the year Lacey Schwimmer and her partner won the youth open latin at NDCA nationals in Utah, she wore a dress from Victoria's Secret- and everyone was asking her who designed it.

2. danceislove

danceislove New Member

oooh? are there pictures of this? i'm really curious!

3. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

4. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

This is the one that I like!!!!! ;)

5. BM

BM New Member

<miniscule hijack> Ugh, just looked at MIT pictures, and I definitely need a new Latin dress. Granted, I have one that's in the works, and I am not competing again until June the earliest, so I won't have to run to Victoria's Secret :p </miniscule hijack>

6. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

I like your Latin dress. It's very elegant. Maybe it just needs a little ZIP, like accessorize the tails, cuffs, and collar. I'm thinking add some sort of color or pattern on the collar, and continue it down to the tail in the front (maybe passing through the cleavage along the way), and work the color/pattern around the open back and down to the tail in the back (via the buttcrack).

Or heck, just slap a few octopuses on it :p
    http://www.dance-forums.com/showthread.php?p=405513

7. BM

BM New Member

Nice colour, but I think octopuses are better for eating than decoration! :D

I like the dress too, but you're right: it needs something. After looking at the pictures, I may try to take in the sides, because I sort of look like a weird rectangle now (I've been graced with a lovely hourglass figure, if I do say so myself). With any luck, the new dress will be ready before UConn next year ;)

Oh, and I think I ended up meeting you sort of at Holy Cross? You wore the snake-skin-like dress for Rhythm, no? I'm sorry I didn't say anything: I am remarkably shy when I am not 100% sure of a person's identity :oops: Next time I'll say hi if that was in fact you!

8. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was me. It's OK - I was in a crappy mood myself b/c my partner was being a horse's posterior :rolleyes:. You were the one painting your nails at the table, right?

So.... Me -- Did you find a latin dress yet?

9. Me

Me New Member

So far, no dress. I have a few online leads so I'm hoping one of those work out. But I am open to any suggestions.

I was hoping to work with a local dressmaker but so far have heard nothing back yet. I was really hoping to give him my business but this is a costume emergency so if I don't hear back I'm just going to have to go with something else.

I am almost to the point of using stragetically placed napkins, a fancy bra set from Victoria's Secret, and a bunch of rhinestones.

10. BM

BM New Member

Is there anything you can borrow from a coach or local studio? Another option might be to grab something off E-bay. Rainbow Shiu & Acapulco Paradiso may have something. Not the best quality, but for in a pinch, it might work.

11. Me

Me New Member

Unfortunately I know nobody I can borrow from. The ladies I am acquainted with take from a 'rival instructor' who would most assuredly give them a miserable time if they helped me, especially since he will be performing at the same event.

I bought this on Ebay today - It's black, which is a no-no for TV and I cannot use it on May, but it is very nice actually. It also comes with matching cuffs - as the belt and neck cuff are not attached to the dress, perhaps I can get creative and add them to a dress of a different color. At any rate, I've seen other pictures of this dress and $177 is a STEAL, especially with all of the very very heavy stoning on the belt and neck piece.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=220101068983&rd=1&rd=1

I am still looking for dresses, so if anybody is selling, please post!

The local dressmaker has still not gotten back to me. :(

12. BM

BM New Member

Will try to sort through our club's costume box this week, if I have time. What size-ish are you? Since it's our club's inventory, I can't make any promises (yay for having to jump through hoops), but I will see what I can do.

13. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Spray paint it. I'm only half-kidding! It could work. That belt sure is killer :shock:. My yellow one is still available to borrow if you run into problems.

14. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

oooh, I just took a closer look at that. It's black stretch lace. Surely you could paint the lace, and/or change the color of the bodysuit underneath. Hmmmm....