I want help to loose muffin top and feel like I’m 28 again

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Coabiebybiolo, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Coabiebybiolo

Coabiebybiolo New Member

I weighed once upon a time 123 lb. I refuse to throw away all my favorite jeans and they are calling to me from the storage room. Please people have good advice? I ask please don’t hate on me , I have hear of eating right and exercise and I am not a slouch! I’m in the process of searching for nontraditional products but seriously I would appreciate more feedback on what to do. do these actually work ? Being old depresses me!
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi Coabiebybiolo! Welcome. :-D

With all due respect, your very first post sounds a lot like an ad. But, just in case it's not, you might want to check out the dieting discoveries thread or the exercise/diet support group threads.

Good luck. :-D
  3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Welcome to DF. It's very simple. Check out other DF threads by using the search bar.
    And basically, either buy pants that fit you - thereby getting "rid of" muffin top. Or start writing down everything your eating - total the calories and also write down all the exercise calories you burned for the day. That is the simple view. Last, there are plenty of weight loss programs available on the web that you can review and decide for yourself what is the right fit for your lifestyle.
  4. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Join the Marines.

Or: calories in < calories out = weight loss. No "magic potion" needed.
  5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

google "live green smoothies" :cool:
  6. Linda J Schlensker

Linda J Schlensker New Member

Tracking food and eating the right kind, whole grains instead of white helps a lot. My problem is the opposite, I try to keep my weight up to 115 and my cholesterol down. Harder than one would think. Several of my friends are using an app called Calorific Lite and swear by it because it's the easiest way to keep track of their food without going nuts with it. Most fads are not good for dancers. They drain your energy for the activity you love best. Or make you grouchy which is not good for your dance partner.
  7. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

The op reminds me of my friend's sales pitches, she sells for a company that makes diet/nutrition products.. only she's already accomplished her goals, so I think she gets more results from that approach. Just saying.
  8. wonderwoman

PS- Zumba!!
  9. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

The original post was spam. But I removed the links and sales pitchy stuff. I left the thread because I thought it was a worthwhile topic starter.
  10. pygmalion

Sounds good, L.

So ... muffin top.

Does anybody have ab exercises that they find effective (Not for spot reducing. The group class leader at my gym has finally convinced me that spot reducing is like world peace -- a lovely dream. :lol:) But seriously. Other than crunches aka spawn of the devil, what exercises do you do to tone the core?
  11. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Hmm...

Push ups tone pretty much everything, by the feel of them.

Also...we used to call them bridges? Like this:
    [​IMG]
  12. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

My aunt actually just lost a whopping 185 pounds in the last year or two. She was obese her whole life (even from childhood) and she finally conquered it. She looks like a whole new person, it's amazing. Her secret though was to start eating healthy and to exercise. Not to just cut calories and count them up, but to eat the foods that really provide the nutrition she needed. She also started working out at the Y and found that the classes there provided her with structure and a social reason to exercise that made it much easier.

I personally have been doing the beachbody Insanity workouts (it's like p90x but you don't need any weights or anything) and find that scissor and flutter kicks kill my abs, so I figure they must be doing good things. If only I were more dedicated to it, I could have a 6 pack by now :rolleyes:
  13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

we call these planks...there are numerous ab exerciss for various parts of the abds...but it will never show without overall weight loss...I have great abs under that two inches fo tequila and cheese
  14. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

let's add, squats with kettle bells (lift coming up). and when in plank-holding 12 lb dumb-bells. Lift dumb-bell from floor to rib cage - alternating each hand.
  15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i think that's typically called "plank"
  16. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Plank Road Brewery is more fun.
  17. pygmalion

I'm having trouble visualizing this. :-?
  18. wonderwoman

oh I remember flutter kicks, we would do them at basic military training if they felt we needed a break from push-ups... They definitely felt like they were working the ab muscles!!