General Dance Discussion > I want to learn how to dance like ....

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Hamtaro, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Hamtaro

Hamtaro New Member

arent there any free places where i can get some tips and etc?

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Have you tried searching for hip hop video clips etc on the web?

The site bustamove.com has some free video clips on hip hop basic steps. It also it has a hip hop line dance called the "wizard dance" under the party dancing section. This line dance is taught online. If you don't like line dancing just use it to learn the hip hop moves.

3. sj

sj New Member

hey, i am new here. i was just wondering about the bustamove site. everyone is saying that it is free and that u can see free videos, but wenever i go on it, select a type of dance, select a difficulty and select a dance, it has a short 2 line description but wen i click learn it says 'In order to select this move, you will need to use 1 credit. Click here to go to the buy moves page to purchase credits.'

anyway this is a gr8 site, i am really looking for clips or instructions for club r & b dancing, so if anyone can help gr8

cheers sj

4. Lockstep

Lockstep New Member

go to the site, click learn to dance, select a style, then scroll down and select any of the clips labelled 'free'. the more advanced ones will indeed cost you credits = money

5. sj

sj New Member

cheers, i'll go hav a look now!

6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome to df sj. Hope the link was useful. :)

7. sj

sj New Member

i see wat u mean, cheers. bit typical tho, the hip hop ones are the ones i want to see and there are no free clips!!!

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi sj. Welcome.

Have you considered taping segments from MTV? The latest Usher video is kewl! Reminds me a lot of Michael Jackson, in his heyday. (I'm pretty sure it was supposed to. :wink: )

Anyway. Broadcast TV, like MTV, may not be free, but it's relatively inexpensive. Might work. *shrug*

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Doesn't Britney Spears do Hip-Hop dancing because in one of her videos Me against the music one of the rooms was called the Hip-Hop room and i'm pretty sure she does Hip-Hop beacuse I want to dance like her!

10. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

The only real free way of learning to dance that I know of is from video clips and watching people in clubs. I used to know quite a few of the video clips choreography off by heart when I was a kid (80's). Tape them and go through frame by frame.

Other than that, if you really want to learn to dance, take a class or two. I'm sure there are plenty listed around Sydney in the yellow pages. Just ring around and find what suits you best.

11. sj

sj New Member

thanks for all the suggestions. i think the best option for me would be to record music videos from the tv. any videos that people recommend?

12. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

His dancing is kind of what you'd get if you mixed hip-hop, r&b, and Michael Jackson.

13. wordism

wordism New Member

you could download the videos.. and make gifs. out of the dance segments.. for example that little dance segment in Ginuwine's "In those jeans" video

14. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I've seen some Usher videos and that guy is HOT! He obviously has a VERY professional choreographer and has probably been dancing for years(like most people who look that good!). Don't expect you're going to be able to dance like that in a couple of months, or even a couple of years, but that style of dance is a good goal to aim for, as it is a mixture of a lot of different and original styles. Take lessons. Practice. Get out to clubs as much as you can to practice and watch and pick up on what other people are doing. (Makes no sense dancing on a carpet!) And the more exposure the better.

Hamtaro- you wouldn't happen to be Japanese, would you?