Salsa > If you could dance with any "famous" salsero/a

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Pacion, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Who would it be and why?

I am not going to be mean and say that you can only choose one :wink: As with similiar threads, they can be alive or have passed on.

Oh, and is there any famous dancer (another danceform) out there that you would love to try dancing salsa with, after they have had a few lessons of course :wink: because you think it would be an incredible experience?

2. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Back in October, I had a chance to dance with LA Salsero Jesus Morales. Yay! Alex Da Silva also comes to mind. Pretty much any NY Salsero would be awesome to dance with. As for famous non-salsa dancers? Hmm....Probably Alvin Ailey or Gregory Hines. :D

3. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I agree! I think Gregory Hines would be incredible. I remember seeing him in White Nights and although I think I have only seen that movie once, it left such an impression on me!

I wouldn't mind giving Valentino a "dance test" :wink: I have heard mixed things about his tango dancing ability :roll: and Jerome Robbins, of West Side Story fame (I heard he was very temperamental, a perfectionist, which could be interesting :D ).

4. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

Ok, last night I danced with Luis Vasquez :D ! Eventhough the style they teach (and the people follow their style) sometimes intimidate the heck out of me, the man himself was very down to earth......I was immediatly at ease (I am an old-school/Cuban girl, L.A. style still feels relatively foreign to me :oops: ).

I found that the greatest salseros are more interested in dancing WITH me, during that song, whatever styles/timing/levels I am :D ! Now I am just looking forward to dancing with some of the NY big names (ok, maybe not right NOW) as I am totally unfamiliar with NY styles/timing.

Let's see: I've danced with Gupson Pierre based in Singapore (he's great), Robert Charlemagne (I didn't really follow well back then :oops:) from UK. Leon Rose came to Melbourne, but I didn't get a chance to dance with him.

Then there were the musicians I've danced with: Oscar D'Leon, Johnny Rivero, Alfredo de la Fe, a few from Plena Libre, and most of Sonora la Calle/Lady Salsa.

I would LOVE to dance with Robby Rosa (my dream since teenage :wink: ) from movie Salsa!

You know what...? I'd be more interested in dancing with some of our own DF ledgends such as Boriken, Salsarhythms, SD, Sabor, Brujo plus many others :wink: !

5. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Luis, IMO, is one of those few teachers/dancers who truly dances according to the ability of the girl and takes her to another level. How do I know? Because I experienced it :banana: I danced with him on some of their visits to London and people came up to me and said "Wow! You looked great. Didn't know you could dance like that" :shock: The funny thing was, neither did I :lol: Seeing him and Joby dancing together is also something quite special.

6. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Same here! :D

7. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Ehmm peoples, I thought this was "understood" :wink: :lol:

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I've danced with a couple big name salsa guys, and it didn't feel all that different from dancing with a teacher. So give me SD any day. 8) :D

9. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:shock: Pygmalion, I know that you are a member of the "Royal Family" and all that but, as all is fair in "lurve and war" or in this case, "salsa vs ballroom" :wink: , take a number and join the queue :twisted: :lol:

10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Fine. Fine. Evil one. LOL. I'll take a number and stand in queue. LOL.

11. Jack

Jack New Member

The hottest babe in the place.......

12. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

We ain't gonna be able to see that easily any more. This trip downunder is their last tour together, and I believe they will do one more show in L.A. Salsa Congress in May. They are going through divorce :cry: .

*another salsa romance gone sour :roll: .........*

13. Sabor

Sabor New Member

thank u bonita.. it would certainly be a pleasure of pleasures for me! :p

14. That's a good question. First of all I would love to learn to dance Cha Cha Cha like Stacey Lopez does. And then I would love to dance with him! But first I need to improve my Cha Cha Cha skills considerably, otherwise he will not even consider to dance with me :cry:

And on the list of the real famous people it has always been Patrick Swayze. He was the one who actually brought me to salsa via the Dirty Dancing movie and sound track. He is not one of the famous salseros but he is a wonderful dancer!

15. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Patrick Swayze can mambo :wink: The thing is, I suspect a lot of women would love to dance with Patrick Swayze. This means there would be a huge queue :cry: and I don't like this "take a number and join the queue" business, so I will dance with someone else and when the queue has hopefully died down, I would then slip in for my dance :wink: :banana:

16. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

:oops: :oops: :oops: Thank you ladies :oops: :oops: :oops:

17. looyenyeo

looyenyeo New Member

People to dance with...

A famous salsera: Sandra Bullock (Okay, I admit that she might not necessarily be famous for her salsa).

Another would be Karen Hardy.

Why? I reckon they'd be fun.

Loo

18. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Re: People to dance with...

Have you ever seen her do salsa? I'm curious as it's always interesting to me which ballroom people can actually do salsa and which really "can't" -- i.e. can be technically proficient but don't quite have the salsa "feel."

19. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

Joby Vasquez, Edie and Josie Neglia.

I would also like to dance with one of Johnny Vasquez´s partners (I forget her name). I almost asked her a week ago here at the salsa congress. I was waiting for a slow salsa to come on and it never did! :cry: The DJ´s were only playing 15 minute turbo salsas that night... NO!!!!

Oh yeah, I´d like to dance with Michelle Pheiffer also. I know she can´t dance salsa but who cares... :wink:

20. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I let my wife anwer this, and she replied, "SDsalsaguy."