Salsa > If you could dance with any "famous" salsero/a

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Pacion, Mar 13, 2004.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I'd hope I'd know the difference . . . especially seeing as I've been to one of them! (Budapest in 1995 for any enquiring minds [a.k.a. Pacion])

2. salsero-Romania

salsero-Romania New Member

and how did you like it, SD?

3. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:bouncy: I love learning new things :lol:

4. SDsalsaguy

I really liked it SR. I'm sure it's changed a ton in the 9 years since I was there, but I really liked it! :D

5. squirrel

squirrel New Member

and at that time, did you find any salsa over there, in Budapest, SD?

6. SDsalsaguy

Alas, that was still several years before I'd even heard of salsa dancing... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

7. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

Ah, how come Portugal isn´t on the tour list? :cry: It´s close to England... We can offer Port wine, sun and sandy beaches. :lol:

8. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

Not by me either salsero-Romania, this is common knowledge...

9. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I know, I know . . . my follow is just a bit weak!

She really likes Salsa now . . . thanks to you! And thanks to you, I have to learn more of it!!!! :wink:

She is already looking up places where she can take more and more lessons . . . not sure if she needs them as she does follow well, but I think she needs the styling stuff, maybe? Suggestions???

Those pointers you gave me? We've worked on them twice now so I wouldn't forget them, and we plan on dancing the weekend away practicing the stuff you gave and the stuff I got at my privates with Robert Campos and those new "Troy Dean" moves. Those moves are so hot! No one around here does them . . . we'll be the first, along with Robert!

10. Gregorio

Gregorio New Member

I don't know ladies, I've seen Alex di Silva dance, and with what's her name liz lira, a pro is not necessarily the best dancer, the best dancer is the one that makes you feel good about dancing and dances with you not with everyone who's watching. the music tells you what to do, the dancer who can transfer the music into body movement and make you feel it and have it enter inside you is the best dancer, and for all I care, that could be a, heaven forbid, beginner or inetrmediate!!!

11. Sabor

Sabor New Member

well, for one or two, i would definetely cherish a salsa-romantica with Pacion and Salsachinita :D

12. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:oops: Sabor

=> me :ladiesma: <= me again, after I have run round to the other side :lol: and I guess that is you in the middle, with a big grin on your face :lol:

13. Sabor

Sabor New Member

:lol: .. wow! u could be in 2 places at the same time huh :lol: .. now thats faaast!.. i bet u do some wicked shines aye :wink:

14. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

:oops: :oops: :oops:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

....yeeees...!

15. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Anyone else? :banana: :lol:

16. tj

tj New Member

Welcome to DF, Gregorio.

I totally agree with the sentiment of what you're saying - I find connection to be so much more enjoyable and fulfilling versus how "big of a name" dancer, one's partner is.

And on a side note, as someone who has met and danced with Liz Lira, I do want to say that she's one of the nicest, most down-to-earth "salsa celebrities" that I've ever met.

17. tj

tj New Member

As soon as we get the private jet, I'll be there!
    :wink:

18. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Since I'm a modest sort of girl ( :p ), I'd never dare to dance with someone well known or anything. I am very, very tiny.
    So I'd have to say... my salsa teacher :D , who is such an amazing lead I don't really understand how I'm doing the steps I'm doing; they sort of... happen! He doesn't dance with students very often outside lessons, but we danced a merengue once and it was one of the best dances tiny little me has ever danced.
    Feels like dirt on dancing shoe heel here... :)

Twilight_Elena

19. tj

tj New Member

Welcome to DF, Twilight_Elena!

It's refreshing to hear you say things like this, since I've heard the opposite so very often.

20. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Hi Twilight_Elena! Welcome to Dance Forums. :D