Salsa > If you could dance with any "famous" salsero/a

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Pacion, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome. Nice avatar there with that AT pose. :) I think...

I'll dance with anyone. I don't want to dance with famous salsero/s or salsera/s. I want all my dances to be dances of connection and oneness. :)

2. azzey

azzey Member

I feel quite lucky. I've already had some of my dream dances.

I was at the UK congress in September (my first) and spent most of the time in the early hours dancing with the Tropical Gem girls (Sandy Ramos, Alyra Lennox and Daniela Marrella) every day. I didn't really know who they were until then! :lol:

Also had a couple of dances with Edie the Salsa Freak, Luda (Latin Motion Australia), Johnny Vasquez partner (forget her name, she was sooo hot), Mia Torres, Salsara and a few others.

Also got invited into a Rueda with the pro's. That was really cool!

I have to say that out of everyone Sandy was the best as her following, spins (4 spins every time) and body movement are amazing. She even made me look good. Which is saying something. :lol: I am only intermediate and thanks to her I got to dance with more pro's than anyone could reasonably expect. Probably had 30-40 dances over the weekend, the majority with Sandy. She was really nice.

A lot of the dancing was in the pro circle on the carpet which would have been scary if I had thought about it. When I got home I had to pinch myself. Just hope I have the bottle to do it again next year.

When I get to my next event I guess I'd most like to dance with Melissa Fernandez, Janet (Raphael's Cuban partner) and Joby Martinez.

3. ReneeJoan

ReneeJoan New Member

I know this is HOPELESSLY parochial, particularly as I am not a salsa dancer and don't know any of the big names whatsoever. But I never tire of watching my teacher, Felix Chavez, dance salsa. He does it differently than anyone else I've ever seen, it's more subtle, less sloppy, and 10,000 times sexier than any salsero I've seen in a movie or a club. And dancing salsa with him, even with my fledgling skills, he's so flirtacious, so playful, so naughty, so fun, so abandoned. I'm not very good (I took salsa lessons from him for six months and I think I cried at every lesson trying to learn that Cuban hip action, to feel the rhythm, feel my body, get out of my head and just let go and be earthy and sexy and flirty), and I don't think dancing with me was all that fun for him, but I'd rather dance with Felix than any other man alive. As most of the tangueros in Los Angeles have learned (to their chagrin), when Felix Chavez walks into a milonga, other men simply cease to exist.

Renee

4. tj

tj New Member

Sounds like someone's got a Tango version of a "salsa crush". :wink: 8)

5. ReneeJoan

ReneeJoan New Member

Um, yeah. *blush, blush*[/img]

6. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Let me second that! And she is simply amazing to lead!!

7. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

It's "Salsa Dancers", by Bill Brauer. Here's a linky.
    They do look sort of AT, don't they?
    And thanks for everyone's welcome. You make it so easy for us newbies to adapt.

Twilight Elena

8. meagalita

meagalita New Member

my dream lead..

first of all, hi everyone, i haven't posted here in a long time but it's great to be back. i just got back from nyc and took a class with mr. eddie torres and got to "dance" with him as he lead me through the pattern -- whoohoo! my dream lead would be fernando sosa of tropical gem, but i'd like a few more skills under my belt first. all of the tropical gem people are amazing, and nice too. anyone going to the rome salsa congress in may?
    oh yes, i wanted to meet boriken salsero in nyc but wasn't able to reach him, maybe next time.

9. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Hi meagalita, good to hear from you! :D

10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Re: my dream lead..

He's been in PR. :wink:

11. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Awesome Meaganne! I hope to get a chance to go to NY and take a few classes this year too.

12. msjanemas

msjanemas New Member

For Mambo, it would have to be Polanco! He exemplifies dancing Mambo as I have always understood it to be.

And if I could only Bolero with Barishnikov I would die a happy woman! :lol:

13. peachexploration

:D :D :D

14. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Rome in May? Haven't seen any info on it, do you have a link? I was looking at Belgium around that time, but Rome sounds pretty nice.

15. Sabor

Sabor New Member

i thought it by end of March,, 24 - 27 or so.. i know this because i'm hoping i could go..

we're trying to go as a group from here .. it'd be very cool if it works out and even cooler if some u folk are gona be there! well.. fingers crossed!

16. peachexploration

17. meagalita

meagalita New Member

let's do it

yeah, let's go to rome! let's see, that gives me a few more months to improve my skills enough to ask fernando or one of the tropical gem guys for a dance :).
    http://www.salsamemphis.com/tropicalgem.wmv
    check them out! jaw-dropping..

18. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Oh March...uggg, can't do that. Already going to the Texas Congress in Houston. :(

19. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Did someone mention Fernando Sosa? :bouncy:
    :roll: :lol: :lol:

I can't go to Rome either (too soon after Zurich congress), but I hope you'll get a chance to dance with him, Meagalita! :D

20. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I also want to dance with him!