Tango Argentino > Videos > If you'd like to download Youtube videos, this works nicely AND it's free!

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Me, May 8, 2008.

1. Me

Me New Member

YouTube Downloader 2.1.6 is a free program on download.com. I've been tinkering with it for a couple of weeks now. Very easy to use, and converts quickly - I've been downloading from Youtube and keeping the videos on my iPod! Best of all, it's free! You can also use it on other Web sites.

I recommend that you download it and have a lot of fun. :) I went through many threads on the DF where people posted videos and I now have them on my iPod. :)

http://www.download.com/YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html?tag=lst-1&cdlPid=10801797

License: Free
    Requirements: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
    Limitations: No limitations
    Date Added: February 25, 2008

Publisher's description of YouTube Downloader

From Biennesoft: It's software that allows you to download videos from YouTube and many others and convert them to other video formats. The program is easy to use, just specify the URL for the video you want to download and click the Ok! It also allows you to convert downloaded videos for iPod, iPhone, PSP, Cell Phone, Windows Media, XVid and MP3. Allows you to access YouTube videos for which you need to be 18+ years of age. Now, plays videos downloaded.

2. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Download videos for Mac-Users

Hi Me, a great idea to post this! Because it is so useful to have all the material with you, all the time.

As a mac-user you can do the following steps to get the vids to your CP:

1) Go to youtube and to the video with Safari.
    2) Open the activity-window of the browser.
    3) Seek out the biggest file of that list, its usually the vid.
    4) Double click on it, and the download begins.
    5) Since it has arrived on your computer, add the extension .flv to the file.
    6) Then open it with Quicktime, start the export function and convert it to .3g-format.
    7) Go to options and add 3dgg-mobil codec.
    8) and safe it, finally.

Greetings

3. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

Here's a really fast and easy option for mac users to download and convert from YouTube. It's a free program called TubeTV.

The program has a built-in browser where you go the video, click one button, and it automatically downloads the file AND converts it.

4. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

Also, Real Player (including the free version) can download YouTube videos. I've been using it for quite some time.

http://www.real.com/

5. chocolatchica

chocolatchica New Member

Just saw that real player does this with their new version and I was excited. And this works for any video on any site. Yes!!! More dance videos to make my computer slower!!! It worth it though lol.