Dancers Anonymous > If your dance was a car

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Dec 13, 2006.

1. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

all I gotta' say is, it's scary when you've been around long enough to have a thread "revived" from the archives and you can't remember how and if you posted in it previously.

dang, going to have to look back through the posts. *grin* I have to admit, there's an Aston Martin I've been eyeing.

2. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

ah yes, here we are....guess it's good to have moved from a rambler to the aston in a couple of years. *grin*

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i'll say! *pat on back* :D

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I'm not much of a car person but I am pretty certain that I would be some sort of muscle car...something that, given just a touch of gas, is going to take of like a rocket leaving the driver with a bit of whiplash

5. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence! As the Poet said, "O, wad some Power the Giftie gie us/Tae see oorsels as ithers see us"

6. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

LOL the Bugatti definitely qualifies, there.

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yeppers. there is no more powerful muscle car on the planet...truly. and it has refinement, luxury, and comfort to boast as well. :)

8. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

i like this; you dont quite know what it is but when you try it out you'll be pleasantly surprised at its preformance ;) ;) ;)

Attached Files:

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

The Bugatti is definitely NOT a muscle car.

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

really? why? is it the beefiness of a car that makes it "muscle", so something sleek & sexy like bugatti disqualifies it?

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

seems to fit dictionary.com's definition of a muscle car...

"muscle car: a flashy sports car with a large, powerful engine; a hot rod."

12. etp777

etp777 Active Member

It's a W16 and not jsut one, but four turbochargers though. muscle cars are traditionally V8s, and if you have forced induction, should be supercharger, not turbocharger.

Admittedly, the distinction might not mean much to someone who isn't a gearhead. and not even all gearheads would agree with me on it. :)

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

um...english, pleez?

so...it's too powerful to be a muscle car? ;)

14. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

If money were no object I'd have this... actually, you could say it's my dance as I'd need to go back 80 years to fully appreciate tap in its hey day :D 88mph, here I come...

[​IMG]

15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

1.21 jiggawatts!

16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Also, musclecars are typically based on a more pedestrian platform than the Bugatti. Example: the original Mustang was based on the Ford Falcon and Fairlane.

17. bjp22tango

bjp22tango Active Member

Can't say I like the two tone Bugatti. It looks like one car swallowing a smaller car. However, the all black version is cool.

I like so many different styles of dance with so many different characteristics, I would have to be some kind of transformer car. Smooth and sexy one minute, playful and goofy, the next, powerful and fast the next.

18. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

My dancing is like my two cars: a 2000 VW Beetle ("Y2K Bug") and a 2007 VW Beetle convertible. Not flashy and certainly not overpowering, but with lots of personality and hopefully some entertainment value. I've also done most of my showcases, it seems, to songs from the 60's (including Bossa Novas), so I definitely have a retro sensibility...