Salsa > I'm in London, Where are you? :D

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Claire_Brummell, May 26, 2005.

1. kabalevsky

kabalevsky New Member

From Iowa (yes IOWA!), currently relocated to Washington for 8 months. :)

2. i_am_cjb

i_am_cjb New Member

London!

3. Claire_Brummell

Claire_Brummell New Member

Great! - I'll let you know when I'm headed your way! :D

4. Claire_Brummell

Cool - another londoner - and which clubs do you frequent down here? :D

5. i_am_cjb

i_am_cjb New Member

On a good week:
    Sunday - SOS
    Monday - Bar Salsa
    Tuesday - rest
    Wednesday - class but no club
    Thursday - My Place
    Friday - MamboCity @ Ealing Broadway
    Saturday - depends what's on

plus classes with Manhattan Mambo and Special Tee.

Not many weeks work out that well...

6. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:shock: and when does sleep take place? :lol:

7. i_am_cjb

i_am_cjb New Member

Sleep is for the weak...

Seriously, I can generally deal with one night per week of three to four hours sleep, and I don't need more than six during the week anyway. Although it can take me nearly 90 minutes to leave for work in the morning, I live 20 minutes away and work fairly flexible time. Turning up at ten thirty isn't a problem if I don't have anything scheduled earlier.

What I'd really like to do is work out a way of fitting in a power nap sometime during the day. Might try popping home at lunchtime for a quick snooze.

8. i_am_cjb

i_am_cjb New Member

I've met salseras who claimed they needed nine or more hous of sleep a night. I was left wondering how they fitted their life in.

Which clubs do you frequent? What about you, Claire?

9. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

Sleep is for wussies! Enough coffee, Red Bull (and a hot bath to get the arms and legs working) is all you need!

10. Mitra

Mitra New Member

Minnesota here, close to Rochester, home of the Mayo Clinic ^_^

Seriously, if the Clinic never existed, Rochester would have never existed o_O This place breathes only because that hospital is there.

11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I wonder what the weather's like in Minnesota. Still wintry? Or has spring sprung? Hmm. Gotta :google:

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I'm warm right now in my tank top with my hair up. I am soooo not missing winter! 8)

13. Claire_Brummell

LOL - I used to do weeks like that when I lived in Birmingham!! Well a lot of the time I am out and about round the UK doing promotions, so although I live here I haven't salsa-d as much as I'd have liked - before I had my 'break' (3 and a half years of insanity when I didn't salsa) I used to dance a lot in north London - and at My Place on a Thursday. Before Christmas I was doing Mambo City virtually ever day of the week - because it's conveniently located for me. Quite often I go and dance and sometimes teach in Milton Keynes on a Wednesday as I have a friend up there who runs the class - but I'm just getting back into the London scene again - I've been to bar salsa the last couple of Thursdays (and am going this Thursday as I've been asked to organise a 'team building' night out for work doing salsa - 20 complete newbies and me - should be interesting so if any fellow Londoners feel like coming along and offering support the more the merrier!!) and I'm probably going to do Sound either this Tuesday or next - but slowly I'm easing back onto the scene!!

Any recommendations are always appreciated... :D

14. luh

luh Active Member

sweet. did you know that one of your martial arts studios in rochester does organize dances?

btw, i'm dancing in freiburg (germany), and basel(switzerland), and sometimes, in other places of germany too (like wyk the last week)
    luh

15. azzey

azzey Member

Is that at SalsaEstrellas? Funda is a friend as I used to live in Northampton and learned salsa there and in Milton Keynes for a year before I moved on.

16. Medira

Medira New Member

I'm Debbie and I live just outside of Toronto, Ontario, Canada

17. pr

pr New Member

Jag bor i Göteborg. (I live in Gothenburg, Sweden)

18. Claire_Brummell

No it's Salsa excite - run by Rudy B the guy that did the salsa cover of "Lovely Day"... :D

19. azzey

azzey Member

I know Rudy and took his classes for 6 months in Northampton when I was a beginner. Bumped into him briefly at the UK congress last year as I was driving in.

20. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I hope you didn't bump into him literally :shock: :lol: