Salsa > I'm in London, Where are you? :D

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Claire_Brummell, May 26, 2005.

1. SurfSalsa

SurfSalsa New Member

Hi cjb! I like your mix of clubs - pretty much the same places I go to when I'm in London for busines - which is not often enough!

If you like those classes, and you'd like to fill up your week, I can highly recommend:

Tuesday: Lynroy's classes at Latin Quarter, Hamstead rd (no club, but excellent class - excellent personal attention and focus on each individual, styling, nice routines) You can always club afterwards at Sound, if you have to!
    Wednesday: Fire and Lynroy's classes and club at Jongleurs, near Miles End (excellent classes, lot of focus on technique, styling, etc.) The venue is similar in a way to Ealing - lots of space, not so smokey. The classes are excellent!

(I find the classes at Ealing very rushed - difficult for a lead to grip the routine, especially if you miss one part where you don't have a partner as you rotate, he doesn't repeat like Mario and others do when there are imbalanced numbers - nice challenging routines though).

Mmmm... time for a London salsa-overdose again!!

2. Mitra

Mitra New Member

Oh yeah, I totally know about the Martial Arts Fitness Center and their Saturday night dances, usually two every month. As for the weather, right now its finally turning into summer, about 75 degrees today, a little muggy since they said rain should be coming in tomorrow.

3. Claire_Brummell

Claire_Brummell New Member

Yeah - Rudy's a good guy :D

4. luh

luh Active Member

have you been to those dances? they are pretty cool. i've just been there once, but it was sweet.
    luh

5. salsera

salsera New Member

Pamela checking in from Heidelberg Germany

6. pascal

pascal Active Member

I'm in Paris; the weather is uncertain.

7. luh

luh Active Member

neat, than we're three now ;)
    Willkommen auf dance-forums.com!
    luh

8. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: the weather is uncertain that it is in Paris or just "uncertain" in general? :lol:

9. cookie

cookie New Member

I'm in Sussex, UK.

Anyone here going to the Paris Congress this month? or the Bognor Regis one in September?

10. Claire_Brummell

Claire_Brummell New Member

Cool - I'll be there in September - whereabouts in Sussex do you dance?

11. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I'm going to Paris Congress... will you be there?

12. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Me! Me! :D

13. pascal

pascal Active Member

In Paris.
    It's an ellipse, a implicit way to say things. "I'm in Paris, clouds are gliding silently in the sky". It's just about parisian clouds here, despite all the clouds in the world usually glide in their own sky.

14. Ron Obvious

Ron Obvious New Member

Jag bor i Helsingfors (I live in Helsinki, Finland). The weather is rainy.

15. Alias

Alias Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  16. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Hey pr,
    Just found out this past weekend that we may be heading for Stockholm in December for "World's". . . staying for a week. If we go, we'll be staying at the Scandic Infra City Hotel.

How far away are you?

17. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

Hi everyone!

I live here:

800 meter from the sea

and 60 km north of Gotenburg, Sweden.

In the barn (to the right top picture) I have a summer-salsa-studio where me and my partner train regularly. Off season we train in the living room ( :wink: ).

I'm living just 50 km from Pr (yes we have met recently in a salsaclass :D )
    Stockholm is about 500 km north east of Gothenburg. On the other side of Sweden....the eastcoast.

I get curious. What is "World's".

/Lucretia

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  18. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Wow Luc -- what a beautiful place! :D

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland.

19. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Yes! Looks very pretty! Do you have outdoor dance parties in the area of the second photo? :D To explain the reason for my question, I know that for various Health and Safety issues, certain activities near water may be restricted/banned?

20. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Lucerita, can I be your dance partner?