Salsa > I'm in London, Where are you? :D

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Claire_Brummell, May 26, 2005.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Smack dab in the southwest US desert, but will soon relocate to higher ground.

2. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Do you really live there? That looks like a part of heaven!!! Very, very beautiful.

That's a long way from Stockholm, yes?
    World's is the dance championships of the dance venue that we belong to - the UCWDC. four years in the USA, and then the fifth year is in Europe, somewhere. I've seen 7,800 people at one of these events . . . dancers from most every country are represetative there. It lasts over a week. Not much Salsa though for you . . .

3. cookie

cookie New Member

I most definitely will be there at Paris and Bognor (try and stop me!)

In the workshops, look out for the confused looking girl in a blue t-shirt with a Pitbull on the front. That will be me.

4. pr

pr New Member

Not close at all as Lucretia answered. :(

5. azzey

azzey Member

I'll be going to the UK one again this year so if any DF'ers want to meet up let me know!

6. BritishBlackDancer

BritishBlackDancer New Member

I'm live in the Dirty South for the time being. Over the summer I'm planing to go Home Sweet Home to CT(the best place and in the World ) and may go to England to visit some family in the Fall or Winter. :car: (rollin)

7. Sebu2z

Sebu2z New Member

Currently Chicagoland, but it will change soon...8)

8. Claire_Brummell

Claire_Brummell New Member

I'll hopefully be there - so I'd definately be up for a meet and greet! :D

9. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I suppose it's still a bit too early to start a "UK congress roll call" thread? :roll:

10. Claire_Brummell

It's never too early!! :wink:

11. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I fancy Bognor Regis myself. :D Need to square it with work, though.

I'll look into it.

Rosa :)

12. Claire_Brummell

13. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I take this as a hint, Claire -- Bognor roll call, coming up. :wink:

14. Claire_Brummell

LOL - not meant that way - it was just for any newbies to contribute to where they are!! :lol:

15. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

I am Shahenaz and I live in Cairo, Egypt.

16. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Done anyway :wink: -- we are getting a summer salsa slump up here just now (made worse by the closure of a popular Glasgow club :cry: ), so I need something to look forward to :roll: :lol:.

17. Claire_Brummell

LOL :lol:

I can understand that - you're always welcome down london way for a visit!! :D

18. Josh

Josh Active Member

My name is Josh (go figure), and I live in Atlanta.

19. itorres

itorres New Member

I think it would be beneficial if people fill out their profile details to the extent they are comfortable, at least the city, country.

Even better yet, the signature should hve the info.

Like,

Dancer123 (Joe / Joe Smith / or nothing if too uncomfortable)
    Bangkok, Thailand
    NY On 2 and LA Styles
    4 years dancing Salsa

or whatever standard is suggested by the admins.

I think, it's not that people don't want to share basic info, it's just they don't think about it. It would make things easier, as opposed to read a bunch of postings trying to gather if it's a male or female talking, what their approximate age is, etc.

20. Alias

Alias Member

According to me the "where are you?" question is in fact relevant when discussing about salsa, as a useful contextual information, given that the local salsa scene will vary from place to place, to begin with the salsa dance itself as there are many salsa dances around the world.

This may be a reason to fill in the "Location" field (for example with the city if you are in a big city, or else with an area), and that was mine.