Country and Western > Injuries...:(

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by AnnieMarie, Jul 16, 2004.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

You know, there *is* an old car dancing thread that's been gathering e-dust for some time now.... :wink:

2. WorkinOnIt

WorkinOnIt New Member

Back to the Hardwood

Hi Everyone,
    I thought I'd give you all an update on things with Ann and Me.

Well.. after 2 full weeks off the hardwood.. Ann and I finally returned tonight and welcomed our first private lesson again. We were both equally nervous... Ann was a bit overwhelmed with our return.. bless her heart then we did a nice quite two step with no music.. just the two of us and we were really glad to be dancing together again .. it felt great.. before our actual lesson began. Both of us felt physically fine and no further injuries were sustained. It was good to be back to work. Albert gave us one hell of a nice welcome back coaching session.. :D Boy did we have issues.. he actually said we did better now then before we left. Go figure. We covered Two Step and WCS in our two hour session and put us on a schedule for the remaining days prior to the Chicago Event.. I'm guessing had he not done that.. we would have over worked in our efforts to strive forward and succeed.

It was a great session! So.. each night we'll work for two hours and then go socialize and dance a little more and leave.

We're glad to be back dancing again!! :D

Thank You to everyone for all of your support ..

Ron

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Glad to hear that you both took the time to heal, that you're both back in dancing shape, and that your return to the floor was as positive as it was.

As far as the "better now than before" issue, I've seen that happen before too... sometimes your mind/body just needs time for things to sink in... and in a way that just doesn't seem to happen if you're always piling more material on top.

4. WorkinOnIt

WorkinOnIt New Member

Thanks SD..

Grin.. ya.. as Albert put it.. we threw all the junk out and now we can dance! Apparently we had too much to think about before. What's left is what we had time to soak in.. Great way to look at it!

You should all hear from Ann soon. Things have been a little busy for her.. however after work today.. when she comes over.. I'm sure she'll be taking over my 'puter to hop online and say hello. :wink:

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

See what a little rest will do???

Can't wait to hear from Ann again . . . thanks for the update!

6. WorkinOnIt

WorkinOnIt New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I concur with Ron...it was great to be back :) Although I think God could have found a nicer way to make us take a break than injuries and surgery. Well, I was also out due to my friend's wedding, which was beautiful.

Ya..it was more like the welcome back "butt kicking.." But it felt really good to be back at it again.

Talk to you all again soon. May our next break be of our own choosing though.

Ann