Dancers Anonymous > Injury Support Group

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by mamboqueen, Sep 20, 2006.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

thanks for asking, cornutt... looks completely normal now. yesterday was day one of zero distraction -- what a relief!

2. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Great news sam!

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

thanks, luce

4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Took a bad fall Thursday afternoon in the parking garage...landed on my right knee and the side of my right hand...knee is now purple, blue and green...hand is slightly swollen and tinged light yellow and green...

5. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear that, Purr. Hope the bruises heal quickly.

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Oh dear...wishing you a speedy recovery, purr!

You get the gold star for Most Colorful Injury... ;)

7. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Lower back pain been hanging around for two weeks now. Durn show shoveling. Fortunately it only hurts when I break a side or bend (ever heard of a frame-building pain!). Glad I don't do latin right now, twould be a disaster.

8. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

The good news is my back survived a competition this past weekend. It exceeded my wildest expectations once the adrenaline kicked in.

Got stepped on pretty hard during the comp, so now I have a nasty painful bruise on my foot. My left knee and neck are bothering me now for no apparent reason. At least it's a distraction from the lower back pain.

9. LucyDiamond

Sorry to hear of your injuries Purr and your lower back pain ed!

[​IMG]

10. LucyDiamond

ditto for skwiggy!

11. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Have a doctor's appointment tomorrow...need to get my hand x-rayed in case there is a fracture...better late than never, I guess...

12. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Ow, best of luck Purr!

And for all of you with bruises....arnica cream or gel.

13. elisedance

elisedance New Member

thanks LD. At least the top part is smiling now :)

14. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

So I don't know what I did to my knee, but it hurts every once in a while when I go down stairs. I think I may be crossing my ankles and or legs funny that causes that leg to strain. Hmm

Also, I have a bruise on my right pinkie toe, yet I never remember getting stepped on or anything, but it has been there for quite a while now, I'm wondering if my shoes could be the cause.

15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I get somethingn like this intermittently - sometimes I wonder if I have a 'bit' floating in the joint fluid that occasionally gets into the joint itself. The knee is OK straight but then hurts under the knee cap with deep bends. Then it goes away for a while.

16. jennikins

jennikins Member

Last summer I dislocated both knees a few times each. I had my frist surgery in Dec, and am walking again, soon without a brace. Then in April i have the other knee done. I've been going crazy without dance!! I had to stop in july, and wont be back untill next june or july. :( But I can do my tondues (sp?) and peilles (sp?) (I can't spell ballet terms). :) My PT used to do ballet, so she is making sure I get bar work first while i am re-learning how to walk.

17. elisedance

elisedance New Member

(PT=physiotherapist) Thats just a great sentence JK. Its like the proverbial learning to swim before you can walk. In my case, with early years in Sweden, I think I learned to ski at least as, if not before I could walk...

18. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

My doctor's appointment yesterday showed I broke the fifth metacarpal in my right hand. While I don't need a cast, my hand has to wrapped, with a splint, for the next few weeks while it's healing.

19. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Stubbed my second smallest toe pretty bad today morning. Was ok..until I switched shoes at work and then it started really hurting. Iced, elevated foot...taped second toe with 3rd toe. Now am waiting to get out of work to walk to car and get to pharmacy to get advil.

Hope that it gets better soon...I'm going to be missing dancing...starting tomorrow.

20. elisedance

elisedance New Member

OUch Sag. <hugs> to the painful toe.

Did it bruise? If its gone black you may have broken it....