Dancers Anonymous > Injury Support Group

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by mamboqueen, Sep 20, 2006.

1. etp777

etp777 Active Member

So Purr, that gave your partner a bigger handhold for left hand in frame? :)

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

NOt black. A little swollen though...Who knows..I might still have a slight fracture or something....I'm hoping that staying a smuch off it a spossible will help. Also, I know I should have had ibuprofen/advil soon after it happened, but I will start taking after I go to the pharmacy after work around 6pm and will take for a couple days at least, hoping it will speed things along. If it is still bad I'll get an appt for x-ray, but don't want to just jump to worst case scenario... I know that usually there isn't much that one does for the little toe.

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

hope you feel better soon, sadge...

4. Sagitta

Thanks. Better today. No swelling...doesn't hurt to the touch. IF I slightly curl toe nothing. But if I push it there is pain...am happy about the improvement...

5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Yes and no. We've made adjustments for the connection while the fracture is healing. There's holding my wrist instead of my hand. There's the practice connection, hands on shoulders. There's putting a little pressure on my hand, mostly fingers, without holding my hand. And then there's gingerly trying to get back to the correct handhold, with my hand wrapped up. It really bites.

As it were, on lessons I've been doing a lot of standard, which doesn't get out of closed dance frame, and some smooth, but not with a lot of open positions. At studio parties, I dance some but not a lot, and then with teachers and one student who know what they're doing. I can't afford an accident.

6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better soon. :friend:

7. Sagitta

Thank you. Still bothering me as swelling must go down on ball of foot. THe swelling pinched a nerve so I need to be very careful. Too much pressure on the ball of my left foot and I feel the middle toe complaining. JUst praying that if I keep off it I will be fine by next weekend.

8. Sagitta

That's nice, that you can still do some dancing. :)

9. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Definitely understand being careful bout hurting it again purr. Glad your'e able to do some dancing though. :)

10. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I guess I can join the club now. Turns out that the injury to my left arm is a fracture at the radial head of the forearm right close to the elbow. This came as a surprise since it doesn't hurt bad enough for me to have thought it was any fracture. Well, this means I can't dance this Saturday so I'll just do some reading and watch movies.

11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sending you all healing vibes

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

How'd you find that out, spitfire? Did you get a cast? Can I sign it? :)

Wishing you a speedy recovery, and am glad to hear you're not in too much pain!

13. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I take it it isn't going to be splinted or anything? I know fractures are often just left... May as well enjoy the chill- out period!

14. Spitfire

Found out today at the ER. It's in a splint, not in a cast.

Sure, let me get a cast then. Can we dance later? ;)

Won't need to get the pain killers I was prescribed. Now, those things keep me awake at night.

15. Spitfire

Yes, it's in a splint.

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

even better! :)

17. Spitfire

Ok, a WCS just for you Samina, or whatever you like. :mrgreen:

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

excellent. heal up quick, spitfire... :)

do you ever make it to the east for any of the WCS comps?

19. Spitfire

The only thing I've ever gone to is the 4th of July WCS convention in Phoenix and only to the social dance functions. Lots of fun and will do so again this year.

20. Spitfire

The good news is that I don't need any surgery. A fiber glass cast has been put on which will come off in two weeks and then some motion therapy. Would have gone to the monthly dance in Flagstaff tonight if not for this, but should be healed up in a month, in time for the next one.