Dancers Anonymous > Insomniacs-R-Us-2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Dec 24, 2007.

1. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

Aaaand, it's 3:30, sitting in my messy kitchen with sleepy time tea... Crazy schedule lately, housework has seriously piled up, so the qi is awful... May have quite a lot to do with my internal state of red-alert...

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

aw...sorry....hang in there

3. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

4. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

jet lag. 2 weeks in time zones 9-11 hours ahead of here. first day home. asleep at 6; up at 2.

5. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Jet lag. Day 2. Asleep at 8; up at 2.

This too shall pass.

6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Can't seem to sleep through the night anymore - snap awake at 3AM and toss and turn for an hour or so. Maybe I should switch to decaf with dinner.

7. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

I can't remember the name of the book, but a couple of years ago I ran across some research done by Roger Ekirch (Virginia Tech), describing pre-industrial sleep patterns and "first sleeps" and "second sleeps" being part of the natural human sleeping cycle. From what I recall, the period in between "sleeps" could often result in great creativity in certain people. I think the BBC World Service had a news article about the "myth" of the need for 8-hours of uninterrupted sleep.

You just may be more in tune with your body's natural cycles than those who have adapted to the 8-hour sleep cycle.
    So - don't lose sleep over it!

8. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Yes, there was a book titled "Night", I think, about the pre-industrial revolution / pre-electric light days. Apparently people would go to sleep shortly after sundown, get up for maybe four hours in the middle of the night and then go back to bed for another four hours or so. People supposedly chatted, read, prayed, and/or ummm... partied... during the waking interval.

I suppose I could practice lock steps or something.

Sania likes this.