Dancers Anonymous > Internet Pro User Tips

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Nov 15, 2013.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Alright, so while I think I've learned a thing or two on using the internet, I thought we might have a thread of sharing useful hints for saving time, avoiding annoyances, etc. Here are a couple of my tips:

1. If you make Duck Duck Go your search engine and learn how to use Bangs, you basically have all search engines available from your address bar.

2. Adblock Plus not only blocks annoying popups and ads, but it makes it less likely that these annoyances can do other damage like infect your computer.

3. I stand up more than I sit down when using the computer. That keeps me from getting back problems from sitting too long.

4. I do wrist curls both directions to keep the wrists strong.

5. I find more than an hour or two in front of the computer is not healthy, and best to go exercise or dance!

What tips do you have for the modern internet user? :)

2. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

SocialFixer for Facebook- it's an add-on that is much, much nicer for cleaning up your newsfeed.

Larinda McRaven likes this.
  3. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Learn how to use the keyboard shortcuts for your browser- my particular favorite one is ctrl+shift+t (for firefox/chrome, cmnd+shft+t for mac users)- reopens the last closed tab. For someone with a clumsy mouse that has a tendency to hit the x when I'm trying to select a new tab this is very useful.

4. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Love that one! I didn't know about that and thanks!