Salsa > intimidation

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by ino, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Sabor

Sabor New Member

oooooooh!.. they take posing really seriously in Romania huh? :wink: ayayaa.. mucho caliente mamas 8)

guys.. i think we should go to romania for a few years.. how about it? :lol:

2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

It seems like you are approaching this situation in the right manner. maybe the guy has some kind of complex(closet misogynist, etc) or maybe he is just extremely shy or nervous.

3. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Wepa! :D

Yes Sabor my friend...count me in! Let's gooooooooooooooo! :car:

I'm so !()@#!&($&(%&@$ tired of going to dances with 900 guys and 2 women (well not bad but close enough!)...plus we could eat polenta and teach squirrel how to dance Salsa on 1 1/2! :p ;)

You could also wear your Vampire outfit! :raisebro:

SG

4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

SG-
    Why don't you come over here in Japan to live and be a salsa instructor? You'll be run ragged with teh women to men ratio! :wink:

5. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Hai hai, I am ScorpionGuy-San, the great Salsa instructor from the West who still can't shift his weight correctly during the basic! :shock: :D

Yes...I could continue my training in kenjitsu...seek out the descendents of Yagyu Munenori...see some Kabuki...and drink SAKE! :twisted: :wink:

(its late and I'm really tired!)

SG

6. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

You go ahead Scorpy, and while you are away having fun with gorgeous Romanian girls, I will take over your place and get a taste of 899-guys-to-3-women dances! :wink: :lol:

7. Sabor

Sabor New Member

:lol: .. some ones negative is another's positive .. never satisfied with what we have :wink: ahhh strange world indeed!

8. danceguy

danceguy New Member

I have a better idea! You and cocodrilo can come visit where I live and we can all dance a few times...plenty of guys for both of you! Then we can go to Japan and dance more and I'll get to dance with lots of ladies and maybe have some sushi. Then, we'll meet up with Sabor in Romania and then he and I will turn into vampires (Scorpio vampires!) and seduce all of the Romanian women! :D :p :twisted: :kissme: :D

Sound good Sabor? :raisebro:

SG

9. Jmatthew

Jmatthew New Member

I'm not even a huge salsa dancer, but I'm all for this romania moving thing :)

10. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Sounds like you have everything figured out now have you ?

There is only one small flaw in your carefully layd plan : by the time you reach romania, I'll have come, seen, and conquered !

(what ? We are not still playing world domination ? oups, my bad...)

11. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Ces femmes Roumaine ne peuve etre interessees a toi, mon ami: leur interet les pousse vers les beaux et riches Americains comme moi ! Et je ne parle meme pas du fait que je dance mieux que toi a n'importe quel jour de la semaine! :D :tongue:

Peut-etre pourrions nous resoudre se desaccord par un combat de Savate ou un concours de boisson de vin...bien que je dois admetre qu'en temps que Francais tu gagnerais ce concours! :lol: ;) :cheers:

SG

12. squirrel

squirrel New Member

:) Romanian girls rule! They will conquer anybody who dares enter this territory! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ton Francais est tres bon, SG! Ou as-tu etudie? (pardon my lack of accents, but I'm too lazy to look for them!)

13. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Les enfants, bravo pour votre français !

I have to say I am amazed by your french, both of you :D

(though in all modesty, I do believe Romanian girls are beautifull, but won't conquer me that easy... except for you squirrel of course ;) )

14. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Mon Francais n'est pas si bon! Mais je te remercie pour tes compliments!

15. mambochino

mambochino New Member

Oh really?!! We'll see about that when I get there. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

16. francescony

francescony New Member

Scared

Hello everybody!
    I am a new entry in this forum!
    I took salsa classes for 3 months and I used to go to dance with a friend of mine. She was beginner too and we had much fun together with many mistake.
    Since she moved to another city, I have not been to a club to dance. I also stopped to taking classes...
    I am scared to go and ask girls I do not know to dance with me... I am in NYC and you can see couples doing amazing stuff :shock: ...

17. TheLetterJ

TheLetterJ New Member

Hey welcome francescony. I joined this forum recently too, but I've been salsa dancing for about 5 months now. I still get intimidated sometimes when asking strangers to dance, and the occasionall rejection still bothers me. (Even though I've been told on a few occasions I'm a good dancer) But you know what, you have to just get out there and keep trying, most girls like to dance unless they have reason to think you're creepy or have intentions other than dancing, also a studio dance is a friendlier environment than a club. Think of asking a girl to dance as 'inviting' her to join you in the fun, rather than asking whether she'll accept you as a partner.

Hope this helps. I've been there, and I know it was scary, but it's extremely rewarding once you get past that stage. And here's something else I've noticed, when I was a beginner, everyone looked like amazing dancers, but after you get better, you'll start to notice who are the REALLY good dancers, and they are only few and far between in a sea of dancers.

18. Vin

Vin New Member

Welcome francescony, The other week a member here(tj) gave me some excellent advice for feeling comfortable going out dancing, he said you should forget about trying to adjust your dancing radically to make an impression on your partners. Dance how you feel comfortable and the women that like your style will gravitate towards you.
    Of course don't take this as a blank check to simply dance without taking your partner into account. Take this as an opportunity to feel comfortable with your dancing without trying to hard to impress your partner.
    Yes you will get alot of no's at first but what happens is this, you get a few yes's, every time you meet more people who say yes, after a while you know a whole club full of people that you are confident will say yes when you ask them to dance.
    Good luck,

19. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

Re: Scared

Welcome to DF, francescony :D !

You are in good company. We have members on this forum who are based in NYC, and I'm sure would be happy to introduce you around the clubs 8) .

Once you get over the 'initiation stage', things will flow. You will be fine; please don't let intimidation stop you from fulfilling your love for salsa :wink: ..........

20. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

OHHHHHH NO! You're not going there without me!