Dance Articles > Is Ballroom dancing expensive? (Article)

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by Leonid Turetsky, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Juliskamagyar

Juliskamagyar New Member

This article is unfocused. What is the topic...cost of dancing, ballroom dancing, competitive ballroom ...? It doesn't really explain.

I go to 2 sets of group lessons week and go to dances another 2 evenings. That's 4 evenings and my total cost is about $9. I'm dancing about 10 hours or so...so I guess I must like dancing, do it as exercise, etc.

Someone 'can' spend a lot on a hobby they have a passion for but someone 'need not' spend a lot on dancing if they have a passion for it. The competitive ballroom dancing in my city is insignificant in the scheme of the dancing community...not a fraction of a fraction. Hundreds dance spending a bit of loose change in their pocket.

Tonight we have Lindy Hop...about $2 each towards renting the community hall. Tomorrow is about the same for group Foxtrot. The passion of participants isn't any less because they don't compete or spend a lot to dance.

2. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

There is a spectrum in dance.... It seems you are referring to group lessons/social dancing. Competitive pro am dance is way more expensive.... Which may be what the article is referring to

3. armaniperez112

armaniperez112 New Member

I definitely agree that ballroom dancing can be free if you want to, however if you take it seriously and want to learn a lot and grow more it will definitely mean that you really make some good investment. It can also be expensive depending on your intention. Well, it is really up to you I guess anything that is worthy is not expensive from my point of view.