Ballroom Dance > Is Pro Am becoming a sport of only the wealthy?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by debmc, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Rhythmdancer

Rhythmdancer Well-Known Member

Depends on the competition really, most of them the fees are pretty much the same from the organizers.

2. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You had said 4,000 and I read 40,000.... No wonder I was confused.

DanceMentor likes this.
  3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

But there's a certain set who want all that...what was the name of that book that was being discussed a few years ago, "ballroom glamour" something?

4. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Style?
    Level?
    Age class?
    NDCA or USAD?
    Are you anywhere near Chicago? ;)

Sania likes this.
  5. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

"Glamour Addiction: Inside the American Ballroom Industry"

I own that book and read it a few years ago, it's a fascinating read. It made me realize (and allowed me to help some of my fellow students realize) that many of the happenings/tactics that we were not entirely happy about were not unique to our studio, but common aspects of ballroom culture in general.

s2k likes this.
  6. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

It helped me understand some things/people too... it's so far removed from what I think/how I view my pro-am experience!

Sania and Dancing Irishman like this.
  7. open_mind

open_mind Member

I might be thrown out of this thread if I start looking for a partner her, but this actually not a bad idea. Does forum have a place for partnership ads?
    Anyway, I am on the west coast, not near Chicago, sorry Loki!

8. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Use your signature to advertise things like this. Although I'm not sure how many post you have. You have to have a certain number of post to be able to do that. This is a pretty long thread though and main thing is we keep the conversation focused on the topic overall.