Swing Discussion Boards > Is the swing FORUM population thinning?

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by MissAlyssa, Sep 9, 2003.

1. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

What gives guys?? :? :cry:

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Wait a second! I'm trying to siphon everybody over to ballroom! :lol:

3. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I lost 3 pounds in 3 days! :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I found them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. d nice

d nice New Member

LOL. Actually this weekend was the Santa Barbara Lindy Exchange... When exchanges and camps happen posting on boards always drops.

Of course I'm not sure how many lindy hoppers we have on this board versus westies and east coasters.

6. suek

suek New Member

and you've got one new member...sue from sacramento. doing lindy for just about two years now; a student of damon's.

glad to be here.

7. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

Welcome to the forums! :D

8. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Ditto! Welcome to the forums suek :D

9. pygmalion

Man! That'll teach me to log off early and go dancing! I missed our newest member!

Welcome to the forums, sue k! :D

10. d nice

d nice New Member

Hi Sue!

11. pygmalion

Where is everybody? What? Do you need new topics or something?

12. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Looks like it Pygmalion!! Up for the challenge? I'm willing to give swing a go even though it's kind of getting hazy for me, as I discovered when I showed some basic ECS moves to a couple on Friday night! :( Wouldn't hurt to refresh swing in my mind, I guess. :)

13. suek

suek New Member

Look who's talking my dear. and where have you been?

I check in (lurking) two or three times a day and post as moved to...

I've been taking a lot of dance classes (something like 26 in January AND a Frankie Manning weekend) and taking care of my feet and working really hard with a business coach which is no big deal just affecting every single aspect of my life. One of the things I'm learning is time management and a possible result of that is being more careful about my time (duh). So when I post here maybe it'll be the things I really want to say and less frivolous stuff...Who knows?

I've also been present to my mother's and my daughter's health crises which take time and energy.

SO...I'm here and I'm dancing (although this is day three of four days off) and my life is very rich and swing is everything and I think I'll even say a word or two about Carolina Shag next.

Who knows? After this ramble, you all might be glad to hear less from me for a while!

14. pygmalion

Hehe! Last week was supposedly my DF vacation, so I only posted 100 things instead of my usual 200. Very sad, this DF addiction. :oops: :wink:

Hope all's well with your mother and your daughter. Family stuff is not just time-consuming, it's also physically and emotionally tiring, so I hope you're okay too.

Glad to see you back. Hugs.

Jenn

15. LindyQuest

LindyQuest New Member

Hello! I'm really new to swing dancing, but I'm starting to get hooked. I've been reading some of the posts in this forum lately, so I decided to go ahead and jump in. :D
    I'm bummed that tomorrow I have to chaperone a junior high dance, rather than going out swing dancing. :( But I think I'm going to start regular lessons on Saturday, so that should be fun.

Glad to be here!

16. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

that's awesome LindyQuest and welcome to the forums! It's great to have another Lindy Hopper on board. Good luck with the lessons! It's a wonderful dance! Do you lead or follow?

Somedays will be harder than others but hang in there and it's all worth it. :D

17. LindyQuest

LindyQuest New Member

I follow. I enjoy East Cost and West Coast swing, and I've done a bit of salsa too, and would like to learn more. But since I got a taste of Lindy at the Sacramento Swing Dance Festival last September, I've decided that it's probably my favorite. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome!

18. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

lindy hopping ... and in Sacramento! gal after my own heart! What where you doing way out there?

19. LindyQuest

LindyQuest New Member

Well, I hadn't found a place to dance in Phoenix yet. Then, when I was online, I read that Frankie Manning would be teaching in Sacramento. So I decided to take a few days off, fly to Sacramento, and check it out. I love to travel, and I love going new places by myself. :D That's where I took my first Lindy lesson; I went to three of Frankie's four classes (I was so exhausted after my last lesson Sunday morning that I went back to the hotel and collapsed till 4:00, then went out dancing again that night!) It was so much fun, and I met such wonderful people! That's what really got me interested in Lindy...I hope to get back out to Sacramento for the festival next year!

20. suek

suek New Member

See www.azswingnetwork.com and you'll find your way to some great lindy hoppers and good dance venues (give Dabney and Binky my love; I found them to be very warm and welcoming to an out-of-town newbie).

Meantime, we'll keep the scene going in Sacramento until you can get back to visit.