Country and Western > Is the UCWDC alive and well????

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by grayfair, Apr 8, 2006.

1. grayfair

grayfair New Member

Is anyone seriously competing in this circuit anymore? I've been wondering if I'd like to go back and dance in Country Western but was wondering if it's event practical since CW has died down in our area (East Coast).

2. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Hiya grayfair,
    Welcome to the Dance-Forums . . .

Yes, the UCWDC is alive and very well. Good management and directors have resurrected the venue. If you haven't been in a while, you're missing out.

The dances have drastically changed . . . moving toward a more "formal ballroom" look, and the clothes are very similar to what you see in ballroom, albeit, a discernable yoke on the back and front of costumes, plus the boots (which can be strictly made-for competition only), and a hat for the men being the major differences.

Latin and Swing outfits are very skimpy these days . . . the ladies can even wear tight, rhinestoned hip hugger jeans.

The music is still Country, but for Swing . . . it usually is not.

Although I only do Jack and Jills these days, my wife is very active in competitions . . . Advanced Pro-Am . . . Showcase . . . and Classic Couples Division II. And depending on our work schedules, we can do between 8 and 15 comps a year.

Let me know if you need any assistance, or have further questions or concerns.

See ya' at an event soon???

Vince