Salsa > Is there salsa in Jacksonville, FL??

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by anita, Jan 11, 2005.

1. anita

anita New Member

Help, I'm moving to Jacksonville FL the end of this month. Anyone here from Jacksonville FL and if so, is there good salsa clubs there?

2. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

3. dancingdoc

dancingdoc New Member

:D :D :D
    Yes there is salsa in JAX!

Thursday nights at Leopard Lounge.
    Friday and Saturday nights at Cuba Libra (about once a month they have a live 10 piece band which is great).
    Friday nights at Club Christophers in Orange Park.
    Thursday night used to be latin night at Southstreet Grill - I think they stopped the free lessons though.
    Saturday night at the Roxy is supposed to be latin night as well.

I really like Cuba Libra - very small, but it is attached to a Cuban restaurant and draws a good crowd.

Good luck with the move to JAX :banana:

4. peachexploration

Great! Thanks DancingDoc! And welcome to DF if I haven't said it already. :D

5. dancingdoc

dancingdoc New Member

Peachexploration wrote "Hi Anita. Smile How did it turn out last time? See Arrow Salsa in Jacksonville"

I went and looked at the old thread. I only went to Club Christopher's once - and the band played 5-6 bacchada's (SP) in a row. On Tuesday nights is rhythm night at Southstreet Grill with lessons from 8-9 pm followed by dancing - rumba, cha, cha, swing, waltz, hustle as well as salsa and merengue. The good thing about Southstreet Grill is there is no smoking there - hate when my hair and clothes stink the next morning :evil: Haven't looked too hard for a place to salsa on monday and sunday.[/quote]

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hmm. I think there was an older thread on this, too. I wonder if their recommendations are the same? ...If I can find that thread :roll: :lol:

7. peachexploration

DancingDoc, any schools in that area that you could place here :arrow: Dance Directory ?

8. pygmalion

9. peachexploration

Great minds think alike, I also posted this one towards the top. :)

10. pygmalion

Oops. :lol: :lol:

11. Anita,

How has your salsa life developed in Jacksonville? Is there any Puertorican salsa?

I have been checking the Internet and no information to be found anywhere, not one single salsa sight for Jacksonville, so that does not look very promising. I am asking because we are thinking of moving to Jacksonville or Orlando sometime later this year. And we neeeeed our salsa!!!