Salsa > It's definitely NOT over!!!

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by lily, Aug 13, 2004.

1. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Looks like finally it's gonna happen! :banana: :banana: :banana:

2. lily

lily Member

That's great MacMoto 8) Does that mean that you're coming to Paris or is Lita traveling to where you are?

3. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

We are both travelling to Geneva! :D

4. lily

lily Member

Wow - that's great! I hope you have a wonderful time :D

5. tchaguito

tchaguito New Member

well, I have been learning for about a year, and the fact that just 2 months ago I didn't have the courage to invite one single follower apart from my class colleagues, and that now, due to the classes and to going out a lot (3-4 nights a week), I usually feel confident to invite most girls in a club, makes me feel happy with the progress I made. As such, I think that the acquisition of confidence to be on my own and invite strangers is a far better indicator of current level and form than any terminology beginner, intermediate or advanced, although I may have a clue regarding where I stand.
    I remember I once went to a club here in Lisbon, which is the only place open on sundays, and my teacher was actually the DJ that day. I was talking with his girlfriend, who is also my teacher, and I was telling her that I felt that even though I may feel intimidated by being surrounded by mostly advanced dancers, one has to start somewhere.
    So now I try to invite most followers I find, and I try never to quit, even I get a handful of no's on the same night. But the best surprise was a very advanced follow who asked me. I told her I had been dancing for only a year, but she said, oh that doesn't matter. I felt this was really a great attitude to have, and I hope there were more people like her!
    I have also lost my shyness and have started going out on my own when my colleagues are not up for it, since I think that it is the ultimate test to one's confidence. I hardly get any requests for a second dance, but still, I prefer to think about what I have achieved rather than what I haven't achieved.
    And by the way, I was in the Czech Republic last week, and had a great time in the salsa scene there. I can reccommend some good places there.
    Moreover, I am also quite excited, as I am attending my first salsa event. It is a small local congress, but there is a couple from Canada coming in (Orville and Sabina) to do some workshops.

Tiago

6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Welcome, Tchaguito!
    Sounds like you're finally gaining the confidence that goes along with being a good dancer! With this newly acquired confidence, you will probably also be enjoying yourself a lot more! Good luck at the congress! :D

7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome to df tchaguito. Glad to see you can go out and have some fun these days. :D