General Dance Discussion > It's Friday ... Are You Going Dancing?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DancePoet, Aug 19, 2005.

1. macha

macha New Member

We went down to our "town square fest" and saw middle-eastern bellydancers! It was fun, but a short exhibition. After that, we walked up to a live band, and when they saw us, they identified us as "the ballroom couple". They started playing a "dance-able song"... I looked at J, and I know you've seen this before- the off-putting, up-shutting, disappointing affect. I stood there, waited patiently, and then, we called it a night.

I came home and had a hot, steamy interaction with...

Domino's pizza.

:evil:

2. tacad

tacad New Member

I did find a salsa place but I'm so worn out from dancing this week. I mean all of a sudden I was carrying on the salsa schedule complete with afternoon naps. I've just got to go to bed. Ah well. Manana!

3. tacad

tacad New Member

Yeah, that's becoming a bit of a concern for me as well. In some ways it may be fortunate that I have discovered salsa since there are more local options for that.l

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Yup, gas is a little pricey. Without performing though, I've managed to save a quite a bit..so maybe splurge tomorrow...

5. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

6. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Gas prices effecting dancing! :shock: Wow! Not good. ;)

7. DancePoet

Well it's Saturday! Friday has gone past and I already went dancing! :D :D :D

8. luh

luh Active Member

i was at home last night. had a friend over here. was fun. we watched movies in ascii. Probably just fun for geeks ;)

today i went to basel, got a sax, (yeah!), and had a nice visit, so there was no time to go dancing. except the few things the friend of mine danced with me. (actually i could leave now, but there is terrible storm coming up, and after all the flooding near here (switzerland, bavaria - don't know if you guys heard of it), i'll be saver staying at home - in addition, there is no way to dance tonight. (except with myself)
    luh

9. DancePoet

Well ... I won't be dancing tonight, at least not the kind of dancing that's done on a dance floor, but ... I'll be dancing tomorrow night instead! :D :D :D

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

bolero group tonight (yum) and showcase on sunday...think a two hour lesson tomorrow.... :lol:

11. tacad

tacad New Member

I'm debating this one. I need to stop driving so much since I need to save some money. But that would mean dancing locally. Oy! The options are few
    and not attractive at all. :?

12. luh

luh Active Member

hmm friday was yesterday,but still - there was nothing. Just watched again a day at the races. wonderful movie!
    luh

13. lynn

lynn New Member

hmm, nope, got dance class tomorrow....

14. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Not tonight. I have a headache... and a twelve-hour killer work day behind me. Dinner, glass of red wine, bubble bath and bed on the menu.

Gotta do the USA Dance dance, though. Not sure if there's a Saturday sance this week. But definitely by next Friday. 8)

15. chandra

chandra New Member

Nope, no dances to go to :(

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Bummer. :( Here's hoping there's a dance for you tomorrow, if you want to go.

17. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

Aw, all of these people not dancing on a Friday night. It's a travesty, I tell you, a travesty!

Myself, I was in bed by 8PM. I have a rotten cold. It's a shame, because it's Mardi Gras weekend here in Cardiff and that means there's a fantastic free festival in the park. And yes, there will be bands and music and dancing.

18. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Friday over there, Saturday here. Having a salsa party tonight so I'm hoping to shake off my jet lag so I can shake some butt!

19. macha

macha New Member

This week sucked. No dancing. Nowhere. Monday we start privates and double groups, though, so I better find some ephedra soon.

20. luh

luh Active Member

seems to be an age thing *shrug* :)
    luh