General Dance Discussion > It's Friday ... Are You Going Dancing?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DancePoet, Aug 19, 2005.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

2. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

Surya has to help my dad move his office and kids are sleeping (hopefully). I'm still in my PJs from this morning, so it's a safe bet I'm NOT going dancing, lol.

3. lynn

lynn New Member

no.....

4. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

. . . nope, tomorrow night.

Wife's birthday . . . dinner, dancing, and sucking up some vino!!!

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Latin dance tonight!! Yeah!! :banana: :bouncy: :banana:

6. huey

huey New Member

7. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

Yes! :D

We have a weekly Friday night party in our studio

8. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

I love Fretful's new avatar!

9. Fretful_Porpentine

Fretful_Porpentine New Member

Thank you. That's sort of how I look when I'm dancing. :D

10. macha

macha New Member

Woohoo! Dance party night! Just got back from a lot of waltzing, a couple tangos, a lot of CHA-CHA, which we didn't screw up badly at all!- and even some Fox Limp :lol:

Awesome night. Lots of fun. Everyone was really mad at what they did at the Other Studio and we finally found out it's run by a bunch of penises anyways, AND they're losing their lease because they're difficult, so yay us!

We got complimented for doing well tonight, and it really made me flutter, LOL. Nothing like positive emotional stroking, Lol.

Ok, now what's on for tomorrow? I dunno, but I have to go order my shoes now! :D

11. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Glad ya had fun, Macha!

12. Sagitta

Glad you had a good time. Me? It was good but still the music does not inspire me. :?

13. fascination

yes...so glad you had such a good experience macha..wish I could say the same....on one of this doggone mixer dances we all did this circular foxtrot pass the lady thing and it was too crowded to be doing it and getting spun to the next guy let alone by guys who've never ever danced before...and I have now done csomething bad to my knee (comp next weekend/uh) so now i'm a little freaked ...had it on ice all night...praying ferishly that it doesn't snap crackle an pop today like it did yesterday :cry:

14. macha

macha New Member

I know it's most impolite and tacky, but I really don't like those circle mixers like that, because of what you described. Normally, I pretend to dawdle adjusting my shoes, or... last night, I :oops: faked a blood-sugar vapors bout :oops: , and all the while was hissing at J "For GODS SAKE, put your shoes on more SLOWLY, would you?" while he's looking at me like he's been whacked with a 2 x 4 "Wha? Why? You never want me to screw around before, why n...OOOH, OK..."

But then we missed a fun cha-cha, LOL.

15. Sagitta

Mixers definitely do have a purpose and their place in dance, but that doesn't mean that everyone should be compelled to do them.

I get friends coming up to me and asking me if I'm just standing there and I'll usually take the hint to dance and join in to help out and as I like dancing with them, but otherwise if I'm not needed I just stay away without making any pretences. I really don't care what others think in such situations. I simply ignore them, and what judgments they presume to make on me. There is something to be said about "joyful living". 8)

16. fascination

I guess that's it...I didn't want to be snooty....but man I am just not going to be able to do that again...had an ice pack on it all night and had to go buy motrin today...but at least it isnt making that funny noise this morning :roll:

17. macha

macha New Member

Does it creak like a tree branch in a storm? When you put your hand over it, can you feel it "catch and scrape"?

I'm all for horse liniment. STRONG smelling stuff, but hey- it can win the Kentucky Derby OR the Tevis Cup, so it can help a competing human athlete, too.

18. fascination

yep...glucosamine helped last time too...where do ya get this horse stuff if you live near chicago?

19. macha

macha New Member

Barrington Saddlery would have it- look for anything called "Equi-Block" or Equi-Tite, preferably NOT the "daily, mild" stuff- but the pinkish-lable (pink on black, meh) stuff- you can really catch tha vapors off of that stuff.

Or, you can go to any of these sites and order it:

http://www.statelinetack.com
    http://www.saddleshop.com

Look for Equi-whatever, OR just plain old Absorbine Veterinary Liniment.

Hope you like menthol/camphor, LOL.

OH- if you're looking for a good (but weaker) alternative, just try Bio-Freeze for people. Most chiros and drug stores have it.

20. fascination

honestly...I do love menthol and camphor....alot...we should have stock in bengay and vicks...thanks again...If I was a horse I think I would have been put down by now...thanks macha...I actually live on the other side of the city(south) but DH works with guys from barrington and arlington so I am sure one of then can help us out....incidentally I love your pix of your horses...I always wanted to ride...I dance with a woman who has done some sort of competitive jumping...I don't know the proper terminology...but she lives up here in NW in. and works in chicago...she reminds me of you too...I have often wondered if you know her...anyhow, thanks again