General Dance Discussion > It's Friday ... Are You Going Dancing?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DancePoet, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Joyful Dancer

Joyful Dancer New Member

Yes indeed looking forward to it :)

2. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Nope. Not tonight.

3. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Actually, I took a group lesson and then hung around for the social. My partner is out of town on biz again.

4. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

I had a BLAST tonight AND made one major breakthrough! That being, me and West Coast Swing kissed and made up, had a great beginners lesson and at long last it made sense to me. :D :mrgreen:

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Went, but it wasn't all that I thought it would be. Two weeks ago the dance really rocked. Yesterday night...it was ok, but not worth the drive so often by myself. 1hr 20 min each way for 3 hours of dancing....no cha cha chas, more reggaeton....

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

so far, haven't experienced any cha locally, but the reggaeton really dominates... definitely NMT.

tho gotta say, i did see a woman -- an itty-bitty albeit very shapely salsa instructor -- do a very classy-yet-sexy reggaeton. so... it's possible.:rolleyes:

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

hi sagitta...nice to see ya :)

8. Sagitta

9. Sagitta

Oh I saw some people really doing that - classy-yet-sexy reggaeton - not the grinding - but reggaeton is NMT in general.

Tonight was better, I guess. I only had a 5 minute drive, so it was worth it. Very slow early, but picked up late. Dj ended the night playing a cha cha cha for people to pack up, and 5 couples took to the floor, so the dj cut the music off after that.

10. wiseman

wiseman New Member

I couldn't dance last Friday. I made it to the Men's Salsa Footwork workshop, but nobody showed up for the social afterwards. My dance studio is in bad shape.

11. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Hey Wiseman. Nice to see you back, and I'm glad you're attending socials, even if no-one else shows up :(

12. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

Hmm, seems surprising to have such a lack of attendance. I mean, NYC is the nation's biggest city, you'd think there would be enough people interested. Maybe it's a question of too much competition - there are so many, many places for salsa. Glad you're making the effort, though, and don't hesitate to try other places.

I enjoyed my dance weekend! Did salsa on Friday, it was ok but I still don't feel like I'm very good at it after three years. Just have to keep working on it. However, did WCS Saturday, had a blast and got some really nice compliments on my dancing. :D

13. Phil Owl

Definitely, haven't been to Atlanta Ballroom Dance Centre for a few Fridays, it's about time.

14. Phil Owl

Fun night @ Atlanta Ballroom Dance Centre last night, some especially fun dances, especially a Rumba with this one woman who used to compete in International Latin, she was AMAZING and very creative. PERFECT therapy for a grueling week of jury duty!

15. CANI

CANI Active Member

I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time!!

16. Kits

Kits New Member

I'll be dancing in NYC next week. Im excited...I wonder were my aunt is going to take me.

I danced yesterday. It was ok...the thing I hate more than anything is that "invisible" feeling/ feeling of bieng ignored by a certain someone. :/

17. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Will do so, just not sure which one to go to.

18. LaWa

LaWa New Member

Yes :D
    My social group class has moved from Mondays to Fridays, or to be more precise DP1 and I have changed groups. So I now get to go dancing almost every Friday. And we always have fun there. Yippee.
    Must go and pack my dance bag. Bye for now.

19. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Studio reorganized and under a new name. Grand opening is tonight so I'll go to that.

20. Phil Owl

Heading out for Sandy Springs meself in a bit. :D