General Dance Discussion > It's Friday ... Are You Going Dancing?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DancePoet, Aug 19, 2005.

1. macha

macha New Member

Aww, wish you were close enough to see the Lipizzaners at Tempel Farms up there! Life-changing experience, as is Dressage at Lamplight (Sherrard, IL, I think- Wayne, maybe?).

There's also Therma-Flex, but when you use it, it makes your skin red (it works by circulation) so you look REALLY locally sunburned :shock:

I miss jumping. We had a winning partnership until my horse had to be retired- hoof complications :(

Once something like that happens, you're almost eternally sidelined, waiting for the right one to come along again. But alas- they only make ONE per lifetime!

I've been trying to track someone down up there for ages named Carol Griffith, but I don't think she does ballroom anymore. I know she did showjumping, and even modeling, but she was more towards the Elgin area- and I"m quite geographically challenged :shock:

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

we are talking the same first name here macha...I dont know if she used to ballroom though ...she seems like quite a beginner but I could be wrong....she certainly could have been a model though...I would put her around late fifties but who knows...she is so classy and well put together, she could be younger or older ...I don't know...but we are talking NW In now...anyhow, since I have unmercifully highjacked already...I have to just say that I love going out to arlington ...just wondrous to watch

3. macha

macha New Member

It started out to be an AWFUL night. I forgot my carry-out-box of a wonderful tenderloin and black forest ham sandwich with provolone and horseradish dijon mustard at the restaurant, and THEN, we screwed up at least the first five dances.

I bound, gagged, raped, mutilated, murdered, and left a West Coast Swing face-down in a ditch in some backroad of rural KY, but Todd just smiled and said "Aw, someday, you won't even have to think!"... think? I couldn't think for ... thinking!

At least I didn't step on his feet.

I got complimented on a very very basic foxtrot, though, so that was definitely an upper. J's totally figured out the single-time swing, and is an ardent underarm turn lover for cha-cha, and he gets experimental sometimes... which is frusticating, but ah, well. We had some really nice waltzes, no stomped toes (mutually), and our cha-chas were fun, too. We even tried a salsa, and I think I've all but decided to ditch the rhumba/salsa class this month. If we do stick with it, we're going to hide in the back and hope we aren't seen.

:cry: I really wish I had my half-sandwich with the redskin potato-bacon-chive salad.

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Wonderful night. I'm wondering why I ever dance in Ithaca at the weekly Tuesday and Thursday dances anymore...never have a good time...haven't had anyways for teh past couple weeks.

5. macha

macha New Member

And WHY has my computer's browser started screwing up pictures? They're blurry and distorted! It did it once before, but stopped. Maybe it will this time. Tonight just wasn't my night. :cry:

6. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... to dance socially or not to dance socially this weekend ... hmmm ...

It's Friday, but I think I'm going to stay in tonight. Maybe tomorrow night instead.

7. DancePoet

It's Thursday, but it feels like it should be Friday. :roll:

Won't likely be dancing Friday night. :(

But looks like I will be on Saturday night!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

8. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Going to NJ and hoping to check out a new studio that is having a social on Saturday. If it's good, I may just have to move back down there! :lol:

9. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

It's Friday, but it feels like Thursday... :?

10. chandra

chandra New Member

Coco? Its thursday isnt it?

But its friday for me... :) Heading out tommorrow morning to go to minneapolis for a comp. Excited for the social dancing, dont know if I can compete due to age restrictions...

So yeah, Im really excited for the social dancing though!

11. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Too young to compete??!! Slap, slap!!

Have a good time dancing, Chandra. :wink:

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Nope! We're way ahead of you over here in Japan! I'm getting ready to prepare my lunch! TGIF!

13. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Dancing both FRiday and Saturday. :wink: :)

14. RhumbaWaltz

RhumbaWaltz New Member

I have a private Friday night and am going to the Copa on Saturday night. :D

15. Medira

Medira New Member

Not dancing this weekend. I swear, it's only been a week, but I'm going through withdrawal like mad! Have some extra dances for me this weekend guys!

16. DancePoet

You mean Friday wasn't yesterday? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Felt like it.

Maybe I'll go dancing tonight after all. :?

17. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

No, yesterday was Thursday. It's been a long week, hasn't it?

You don't sound too enthusiastic.

I'm going to a studio party this evening.

18. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

:banana: :banana: Going dancing tonight! Whoohoo!
    University is tough, but I'm coping. For some bizarre reason, my dancing has been improving radically for the past couple of weeks. Teacher made a point. Hmm. Strange stuff.

Twilight Elena

19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Huh? I'm confused.

20. Rique

Rique New Member

im going dancing tonight............w00t first post