Event Announcements > Jasmine Guy to Host PBS America's Ballroom Challenge Series

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by pruthe, Nov 1, 2007.

1. pruthe

pruthe Member

This year's host of PBS America's Ballroom Challenge is Jasmine Guy, an actress, dancer and singer whose career has included many leading roles on television, in feature films and on the stage. Co-hosting with Ms. Guy will be Ron Montez, a host of the previous PBS series, Championship Ballroom Dancing, and one of the most respected personalities in the dance business.

As was the case last year, this year's ABC series will consist of 5 episodes. Please visit the PBS web site after the new year for more information on the exact date and time of the broadcasts.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/ballroomchallenge/

To learn more about Jasmine Guy and Ron Montez, please visit the Ohio Star Ball web site.

http://www.ohiostarball.com/

The Ohio Star Ball runs from November 13th through 18th, 2007 at the Hyatt Regency Columbus in downtown Columbus. We're looking forward to seeing you all there.

Ohio Star Ball News Staff

2. dance234

dance234 New Member

"wow looks like SHE's had ballet training?!!"

"right you are!"

3. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

Don't know Jasmine but a return of Ron Montez will be better for the series. I didn't think Tony was a good MC for the series.

5 hours - wow!

4. reb

reb Active Member

This is a good move!

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

as long as she can read the cue cards properly on the second or third take ;)

6. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Wonder what prompted the change? Not that I'm thinking it's a bad change, just that I wonder what made the powers that be realize a change would be good?

7. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

Maybe they read some of our threads on the commentary this year!

8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It's a rotating door.

9. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator