Swing Discussion Boards > Jordan and Tatiana on Good Morning America

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by dancergal, Jul 15, 2005.

1. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

I'm friends with Tatiana's boyfriend, so I get to hear some fun stories about them when they're on TV. The audition for "So you think you can dance" was a great story. After performing a mini routine they were told what they had done was not WCS but a rhumba...

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Amen. 8)

3. pygmalion

By whom? Someone who should know? :?

4. luh

luh Active Member

do you still watch tv?
    i don't have one in the whole house. Too few time to watch any way. I prefer to spent it dancing, - or on my other hobbys (basson, radio show, programming)
    luh
    p.s. I'm having my radio show atm, live. We just have a really cool Ska-band, and now switch now to a smooth swing song. It's cool i can decided what ever i want to play.
    atm it's 50/50 (ska/swing)

5. pygmalion

I don't get to watch much. Too busy. But I have five ... just in case. :roll: :lol:

6. luh

luh Active Member

:roll: :roll:
    roflmao :tongue: :rocker: :rocker: :cheers: :lol: :lol:
    luh

7. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

I don't own a tv, but I work in advertising, so when I hear something interesting I can pull strings and occasionally get my hands on a DVD to run off my computer. Currently waiting on a copy of this show. Should be here today. Hopfully I'll get it before the end of the week so I can burn a copy for Tatiana while she's visiting NYC.

8. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

9. pygmalion

Huh? Please explain how the competition works. 8) :D

10. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

I have no real clue, my understanding is that three competitors went each morning on Good Morning America. I have no clue how judging went, but one was chosen as a winner. At the end of the week the day winners went up against one another and the same judges picked a winner.

The styles and forms of dancing were all over the map. No clue how it actually worked.

11. pygmalion

Hmm... :? Bummer. I wish I'd seen it or had advance notice, so I could've taped it. *shrug*

12. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

No television - good for you!!!

13. pygmalion

I read about a no-TV experiment with typical American families with kids. The families spent time doing things together, the kids' grades were better, and so on and so on. Hmm. It's hard to find a balance, though. The TV can also be a tool for learning and keeping abreat of what's going on. There has to be a middle ground somewhere. 8)

14. dancergal

dancergal New Member

From what I gathered watching Fridays finalist is that they picked one winner each day from different catagories. One day was couples dance, one kids dance, Free-style another day and tap I think. Then the finalist from each catagory danced on Friday. Sort of silly to be able to judge couple dancing against kids, against free style but there you have it. They said they were just doing some sort of dance competiton because of the popularity of Dancing with the Stars.

15. pygmalion

Maybe they should have given more thought to the structure of their comp. Or maybe they just wanted to jump onto the bandwagon quickly. :?

16. chandra

chandra New Member

My cable was out so i didnt catch it live, but I have the clips.
    In fact I think one of the clips I gave you the link to was this ;)

17. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

The segment was never meant to be a legitamite dance competition. It was more about saying "look at these top dancers and all the different kinds of dance there is."

And it did a great job of that. Like all the shows and movies happening about dance, people are becoming interested in it. It's an old activity that is becoming popular once again, whether it be in tap or partner, or jazz.

18. bjp22tango

bjp22tango Active Member

Yay!! :D

19. pygmalion

Amen. And I'm happy about it, too. :D

20. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Me too. :D