Dancers Anonymous > Just Curious... How did you find Dance Forums?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Jan 15, 2016.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Would love to know, and also always we want to keep this site exciting with good software, and new people.

2. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

The googles. It's been far too long for me to recall the specific thing I was searching for that brought me here though.

3. stash

stash Well-Known Member

A few people from my collegiate team were on here so I decided to hop on too :)

DanceMentor likes this.
  4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

What Jude said !!

5. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Googling information about how to make ballroom gowns!

Lioness and Dancing Irishman like this.
  6. Grateful

Grateful New Member

I Googled "Dance forum". Brought me right here.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  7. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Pretty sure this was it for me as well - might have actually been mindputtee's blog along thread that landed me here

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yes, a search for dance videos here

9. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I think I googled ballroom dance or br dancing.

10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Someone from another dance forum I used to read told me about it.

Sania likes this.
  11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Search engine... I looked for "dancing forum" or some such.

12. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I should have added... at the time, there were several other ballroom dancing forums that came up in the search. But one of them appeared to not be functioning, and the others were only getting a few posts per day. DF had the most traffic by far.

13. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

By complete accident, looking for a dance partner in a WCS field and ended up finding DF.

14. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

I was a member of dancescape.com over a decade ago. I noticed people began to talk about another dance forum there, so I decided to find out what it was and landed here.

Joe likes this.
  15. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Like Dancebug, I traveled over from dancescape.com

Sania likes this.
  16. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Any advice on how we could get a few more people to join dance forums now?

17. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Advertising on college team pages?

OreganO, Dancing Irishman and stash like this.
  18. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Facebook page? Twitter? (I dislike them both, but...)

stash likes this.
  19. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

A huge number of people read dance forums who don't post here, so the community is really larger than it appears--impossible to know how much larger. Is it that you feel that there need to be more posts, or do you need membership numbers higher for, say, advertising revenue? And if the latter, how active do members need to be to count? If more posts, what area(s) do you think are light? Where would you like to see the growth? In the ballroom section or the salsa section, for example? Or is there a completely different issue? I have read through a lot of old threads, so I'm aware of the formerly active members who aren't posting any more, or who aren't posting a lot. Is the group of currently active posters keeping up/growing with historical trends? That's more difficult to track that just the number of members.

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

personally, I think FB has had the largest impact in that much of the more mundane chatter that used to happen here now happens there...not that there aren't also folks who were prolific here who have left, but that is also to be expected over time as lives change...at least that is how it has worked for me