Dancers Anonymous > Just have to share...

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Sep 14, 2003.

1. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Oh my goodness. I have no idea what show I'm watching, but this adorable little girl (barely 4 years old) just recited the entire "I Have a Dream Speech." We're talking standing ovation, tears, and chills up and down my spine. That was incredibly moving.

Like I said, I don't know what the station is, but it's on the WB channel.

I was so moved, I just had to share.

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I understand.

I love the I Have a Dream Speech, four year old or no. Every time I see or hear it, it sends chills up my spine. And I've heard it a lot. I sponsored MLK day celebration for the past ten years. A few of them, nobody showed up but me. And I watched, shivered, and sometimes cried. It's a moving speech.

No matter who's delivering it.

OOO (hugs)

Jenn

3. dancersdreamland

Thanks for the hugs...I completely agree. That speech just hits me every single time I hear it.

Have you heard the Kenny G "Ol Lang Sine" song (probably spelt wrong...but you know, the song they always play on New Year's Eve at midnight)? Anyway, I think it was two years ago that Kenny G did up the song in a beautiful classical version with snipets of great history thrown in. There's a part in the song with the "I Have a Dream" speech. It's just fantastic. If you haven't heard it, watch for it this Christmas...a MUST hear!

4. dancersdreamland

Okay, seriously...I have to find out what this show is. This guy is making a sandwich with his feet! We're talking pulling the bread out of the bag, adding mayonnaise, opening the cheese, adding lettuce, adding meat, fishing a pickle out of the jar...it's gross!!!! I don't think I'll look at a sa....wait, he's cutting the sandwich with a knife now and just added two toothpicks with olives in the tops.

I will NEVER look at sandwiches the same way! :shock:

Oh my goodnes...this dude from the audience is now going to EAT the foot sandwich. I just can't believe this. :shock:

5. pygmalion

Ewwww!

A sandwich made with FEET? Gross! I've gotta watch that show.

6. dancersdreamland

Now some dude is opening a bottle of beer with his belly button. He just passed it off to the guy eating the foot sandwich.

My head is shaking from side to side as I just DON'T understand. People have WAY to much spare time.

Oh wait...they just said the name of the show, finally, it's "Steve Harvey's Big Time." Watch in on the WB (regulary on Thursdays). Checkout the following link for more info: http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Show/0,7353,||1470,00.html.

:roll:

7. pygmalion

LOL!!!!

Thanks. I'll check it out Thursday. Anything with foot sandwiches can't be all bad! :lol: :lol:

8. dancersdreamland

It looks like just a bunch of silly people showing off their goofy/strange talents. Not quite as unbelievable as "Ripley's Believe it or Not" but pretty funny and strange. Enjoy!