Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Karina Smirnoff May she can kiss her dancing days goodbye

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by lacubs, Apr 9, 2011.

1. sofi

sofi New Member

It's funny how they're making such a big deal over this when two of Hef's ex-girlfriends have been on the show. Hipocritical much?

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Exactly what I suggested on page one of this thread. If there's an issue (which we'll have to wait and see,) it's likely contractual, not moral.

And don't get me started on Chris Brown. :evil:

3. davedove

davedove Active Member

If it's an issue of not following her contract about outside media appearances, that's one thing.

But if it's an issue about being in Playuboy, then they are being EXTREMELY hypocritical. Brooke has been in Playboy; two of Hef's girlfriends, Kendra and Holly, were in the mag; Lisa Rinna did a pictorial; all the way back to Kelly Monaco, she was a centerfold. And Pam Anderson has been in the magazine multiple times.

I think it's all a big publicity thing.

4. Don't forget Brooke Burke. She's been in it too.

5. lacubs

lacubs Member

she have open pandora box, now others dwts dancer have came out and say they would do it if asked aka Anna Trebunskaya and Maksim Chmerkovskiy is doing playgirl, and Cheryl Burke said she wouldn't mind going topless for a magazine

6. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Oh no!! How dare the dancers from this wholesome family show (that regularly features "stars" that have posed in playboy or been one of Hefner's concubines) dare sully the name of DWTS!!! They're supposed to let the ridiculously crappy music do that!

7. pygmalion

You totally crack me up, wooh!

8. pygmalion

Oh yeah and back on topic (ish) It's possible they may be just showing solidarity for Karina in the face of what I perceive to be the hypocrisy of a show/network that pursues contestants who've modeled nude or semi-nude, but who judge a staff member harshly for doing the same.

9. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Has there been any actual proof beyond the original "story" that Karina was ever in any trouble with the network to begin with?

10. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I bet we'll hear more about that (whether or not we'll believe it is another matter) after the impact of the issue has been assessed.

11. pygmalion

Amen and hallelujah.

12. davedove

davedove Active Member

And I'm sure nothing will occur until after this season. Although, you can bet the producers will milk any controversy.;)

13. old dog

old dog Member

Is this the one?

"There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary."

Brendan Behan
    Irish author & dramatist (1923 - 1964)

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/37239.html
    See also: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/publicity.html

Pamela Anderson was known for much more than her Playboy appearances prior to her stint on DWTS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Anderson

Isn't DWTS a BBC franchise? How much influence (and what kind), if any, do the Brits have in the production of DWTS?

Have there been similar issues with the BBC version (Strictly Come Dancing)?