Salsa > "La Campana" in Sydney?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by pianoman, Jul 10, 2006.

1. pianoman

pianoman New Member

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows about/has been to La Campana in Sydney. Is it a good place to visit for a serious dancer?

It seems to me like it's more of a restaurant? Can someone confirm...

PS there used to be a thread on dancing salsa in sydney and i remember making a post there but i can't find it now? Has this forum lost some old posts?

2. ash88

ash88 New Member

Check out this website for details on the Sydney Scene...

www.sydneysalsa.com.au

La Campana is more of a restaurant with a little salsa on the side. Don't expect a lot of serious dancing.

3. sweavo

sweavo New Member

If it's still going I can recommend the night at the watershed. I was there one night in 2004 and it was a fantasic vibe with good L.A. style teachers and a great atmosphere and setting. Mind you that was my first night back in civilization after Alice Springs so a kick in the nuts would have seemed sophisticated to me at that point.

/edit: I think the search is b0rkend on here. I keep failing to find threads that I know are around

4. ash88

ash88 New Member

I also used to go to the Watershed, and it was a great place. Unfortunately it was closed down around 8 months ago. On the positive side, it has since been replaced by Equilibrium on Sunday nights, which has a very similar feel to it.

5. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

What about Cruise Bar Thursday nights at Circular Quay....?

I was there during Syd Congress 2005, it was kickin'........

How is it these days?

6. ash88

ash88 New Member

Cruise Bar still happens on Thursday nights at the Quay. And it is still very much alive. Free entry, music till at least 1 am and a very happy, slightly more cuban type crowd.

7. timbp

timbp New Member

Watershed got cancelled — dancers didn't drink enough (more precisely, didn't spend enough over the bar)

8. sweavo

sweavo New Member

Shhusssh! This is true everywhere, the trick is not to let promoters know it :)

9. pianoman

pianoman New Member

thanks for the replies, cheers.

yeah I think we're all guilty of not spending much on drinks. At least I am.