Salsa > Ladies: skirts or trousers?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Rosa, Oct 1, 2005.

1. rhythm mouse

rhythm mouse New Member

:uplaugh: :uplaugh: :uplaugh:
    :cheers:

2. I second that :banana: :lol:

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I always wear a thong as I am usually wearing clingy dance pants with tops that don't cover my bum. There is no excuse for a VPL! Same with women who wear dark-colored panites with light colored pants, and they show through.

4. macha

macha New Member

You mean it wouldn't be stylish to wear pink and blue polka-dot panties OVER white pants? :shock: :lol:

5. lynn

lynn New Member

i prefer pants - this is simply b/c it's freezing cold in the studio....

6. africana

africana New Member

i just got home early from a very fun dance party cuz I ripped a sexy pair of jeans doing some crazy shines :evil: :lol: actually it was hilarious in a shameful sort of way :oops:

but made me wish i was in a skirt or skorts instead. oh well i still had several good dances before the failure :)

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

No idea what anybody else said (since I'm still catching up.) Skirts for me, hands down. 8)

8. pygmalion

Oh yeah and dying to hear about those crazy shines, africana. 8)

9. leaf

leaf New Member

I perfer short skirts, but for some reasons I am always in pants/jeans/capri. When in a short skirt, I am very conscious with my movement... keeping my legs close at all times, certain leg styling (e.g. wobbling of legs or certain hip hop squart) I have to avoid... I felt unladylike when I attempt those moves in a skirt :lol: Though I have seen many women dancing fabulously and looking hot in skirts doing all those stylings.

In the end, I just wanna dance carefree and without worries... so I took the easy way out by wearing pants :?

10. pygmalion

Hilarious that you should say that. One of my older sisters (in her mid-fifties) insists on calling them slacks. And I've always thought that expression dated her. Hmm. At least one other person in the world shares my view.

Either way, I call them pants, when I bother to call them at all. :lol:

11. pygmalion

If I'm wearing skirt that has any chance of exposing anything interesting, I'll put on a pair of dance trunks underneath. Then I can dance without a care.

12. pygmalion

I find thongs to be very uncomfortable. And, to be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the opinions observers have of my underwear (with a few notable exceptions, but I digress. :lol: )

There are some types of full-sized panties that are specially designed to conceal pantylines -- something about the type of fabric or elastic or something else I don't understand. I'll generally wear them -- actually not the full sized ones, which remind me of my Grandmom. But I do like bikinis or French cut. Or with pants made from clingy fabrics, I'll often wear pantyhose. Hose are quite warm, especially in summer months. But no pantylines.

13. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Sorry to hear about your wardrobe malfunction, Africana... but glad you enjoyed the shines! 8) :lol:

Rosa :)

14. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I was at a salsa class yesterday (my first for a few months) and it was great to be back! :bouncy:

But I was wearing a pair of white linen trousers and it was only when I got home that I realised that the white panties I was wearing underneath could be seen shining through like a great big full moon... :oops:

Enjoyed the class, though! 8) :D :D :D

Rosa :)

15. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

I feel more dressy when wearing skirts and it's much cooler, but trousers are definately more comfortable, especially if you get in dip.

And the stockings!!

16. HM

HM New Member

I love to wear a dress or a skirt-
    feels very feminine and sexy 8)

But due to height restrictions of my DP/BF I usually stick to trousers b/c they go better w/ my flat shoes :(

17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

where do ya get those though...b/c I am aware that a thong doesn't offer much coverage :wink: also I do agree on some thongs...if you buy anything in the polyester family they can quickly turn into feeling like having a razor blade lodged in the wrong place...but if they are 100%cotton I dont notice them at all plus they work better for sweaty chicks like me...and pants, aside from being just plain hot, I dont like the feel of them rubbinga dnpulling when I am going backwards on smooth dances(although I know that is not what we are talking about here)

18. Sabor

Sabor New Member

for u? .. bikini at most!

i'm a romantic.. :mrgreen:

19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Body by Victoria(Victoria's Secret) has some lovely thongs that do not bind. Synthetics ONLY for me. I sweat in the cotton and they stay wet for hours(Ew!). I have a few pairs of cotton ones, but those are the ones that end up giving me serious wedgies so I don't wear them for dance.

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

funny...I find the cotton to be so much more forgiving...plus I sweat like mad in both and don't see much chance in anything drying out.....so I keep extra undies and shirts and bras and skirts...in my car....looks like I live in there...not even mentioning the number of bottles of perfume and the number of dance shoes and power bars and bottles of water :roll: :oops: