Salsa > Ladies: skirts or trousers?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Rosa, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Rosa

Rosa New Member

8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rosa :)

2. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Thanks pygmalion, I'd never heard of dance trunks before. I'll definitely be investigating this.

When I said I liked wearing short flirty skirts for going out to clubs, I meant round about knee-length, BTW, not mini. But if they're flared they'll expose everything when you're spinning or turning (especially during the fast merengues!), so if there's a specific type of dance underwear designed for this, so much the better.

3. IsabellaCruella

IsabellaCruella New Member

skirts that float at my thighs... they make me dance better and I feel more fun.

4. amrimi

amrimi New Member

Some for me. But to dance class I usually wear whatever I just happen to wear that day. Maybe change te top or t-Shirt if it's already sweaty.

5. Sabor

Sabor New Member

:mrgreen: ..

u wouldn't have a picture of that now would u..? lol

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sabor you really are incorrigable(sp?) :wink: this is precisely why I wear tight stretchy skirts instead 8) too many guys eager to take a peek when you wear those ones that flair and I still don't know where to find spankies around here

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Spankies? Do you mean dance trunks? (didn't know they're called spankies. :oops: 8) ) If so, try a ballet store or cheerleading supply place, like a sporting goods store. They're pretty easy to find. I like the boy cut ones, but there are a couple different cuts you can buy. Let me see if I can find a photo to post. 8)

8. pygmalion

Here ya go.

[​IMG]

Incidentally, the sporting goods places may also call them "athletic briefs." 8) :D

9. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

*Gag* I'd rather the guys see me in my turquoise lame briefs. :?

10. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

Since I have never considered my legs as one of my assets, I almost always wear slacks (yep, that word really dates me, but that is what I have always called them). If I had legs to be proud of, though, I would wear skirts dancing. I think it really looks neat to see them twirling.
    Where I go dancing, most of the women do wear slack/pants/jeans/trousers, etc. so I don't feel out of place.

11. Sabor

Sabor New Member

ewwwwWW!

12. pygmalion

You don't wear them over a black catsuit, you know. You wear them over your bum. :wink: :lol: And yeah. I prefer the boy cut ones, which look like very, very short, tight-fitting shorts, rather than grandma drawers. Couldn't find a picture of them easily, though.

But you get the idea. Dance trunks cover your bottom, so you can twirl to your heart's content.

Hmm. I wonder if I can find a pair in turquoise lame? :roll: :lol: :lol:

13. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

The salsa chicks here wear aerobics shorts. I still think those things look weird, but if you are comfy in them then power to ya! :wink:

14. Sabor

Sabor New Member

what ever happened to thongs..?? :cry:

15. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I wear 'em every day, gotta whole DRAWER(no pun) of them! No one in her right mind would wear a thong with a shortie-short skirt. That's trollin' for creeps...

16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yeah no thong with a skirt that opens up....only with a skirt that is snug...those dance panties, I still think I might feel kind of weird in them...for one...I have alot of hip so I dont like to wear a wide or flaired skirt b/c I look wider...plus, I still think most folks would think they were undies not dance panties....plus I prefer a nice shape hugging skirt...

17. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

Someone clever/stupid invented the thongs. But so far noone have invented the butt that suits a thong! :shock: :evil:
    Talking about intrument of torture! :twisted:

This discussion gets worse and worse....where will it end.
    :wink: :lol:

/luc

18. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I think it was a very very smart person.. very comfy.. just not best for wearing with short skirts... .

19. Medira

Medira New Member

...or low-rise pants.

20. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I think it's getting better and better... ! 8) :lol: