Salsa > Ladies: skirts or trousers?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Rosa, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Kindra

Kindra New Member

I agree Katarzyna! I'm a convert....converted about 2 years ago. Now, I can hardly stand the thought of wearing anything BUT a thong. Even dancing...but of course, when wearing short skirts...the dance trunks come out.

Honestly, I just wear the Body by Victoria's Secret Undies in a larger size as my dance trunks. Cause they are stretchy, and don't really seem like undies.

2. Leah

Leah New Member

i have those undies too. ;) i also picked up some short spandex tennis shorts by adidas, because i was having the HARDEST time finding white bike shorts....

and ditto on the thong (with jeans).

3. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I wonder if you can get this in the UK? I'm going to investigate this, plus the dance trunks as well. 8)

Rosa :)

PS... I have never worn a thong in my life! And I ain't gonna start now! :shock: :lol:

4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

You ought to be able to get VS in the UK. The catalogues I get are from there! Their thongs are the most comfortable in the world, as are their bras and other panties.

5. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Thanks cocodrilo, I'll google them and get on their mailing list.

Thongs... I don't know. I guess I'm just not a thong person. Somebody else said something about thongs being like razor blades on a sensitive area... and that's what I've always imagined...

Rosa :)

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

thats what I said now I can't stand anything else :wink:

7. africana

africana New Member

ehh bikinis are good enough for me and my junk in da trunk :p

8. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

If one wears jeans or loose skirts, regular panties will suffice. If one wears butt-huggin' synthetics, then thongs(or nothing) look best.

9. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Comfort-wise, I'll go for bikinis (the low rise ones are great for all the low rise trousers) and thongs are for butt-huggin' clothes.

Still haven't found a 'comfortable' thong.... :roll:

10. cookie

cookie New Member

I have never known the razor blade sensation. They are the most unobtrusive underwear I know. You forget the're there and (obviously) never ride up uncomfortably.
    Give em a try, they are not at all uncomfortable.

11. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Maybe one should try different brands. Some are fine, but it's not like I feel I have nothing on. I only use it if I know I'll be wearing it for a couple of hours, but I find it uncomfortable for a full day.

12. Sabor

Sabor New Member

what's all this.. thong confessions?! LOL

13. df123

df123 New Member

dress with long slit

I've been thinking of buying a sexy salsa dress lately but am not sure how far to go - i mean there are dresses with slits going all the way to the crotch! Would this pass off as a normal salsa dress or do you guys think it will it evoke a lot of undue attention?

http://store1.yimg.com/I/hip-wear_1861_1691557

Any recommendations are welcome. This is just for normal dancing at salsa clubs.

14. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

This is girl talk....

15. Sabor

Sabor New Member

please continue..

16. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Re: dress with long slit

Beautiful dress. I don't think the skirt is too much. Maybe the top is a bit revealing for my taste, but it also depends on the body wearing the dress. Some get more attention than others.

17. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

No..no..no.. I'll leave that for your thoughts.

18. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

Perhaps there are butts and butts. Or different models?

I have tried 4 different thongs and they are more or less the razorblade model. Unfortunately we don't have Victorias here - by mail to Sweden they get too expensive.

Do any one know any good european model?

/luc

19. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

i've tried Sloggi, and Truimph., they're all fine (but only for some hours).

20. df123

df123 New Member

on salsa dresses

yeah i also wanted something with a less revealing top. My husband is a 'leg guy' - so i want to get something that is elegant, sexy, will catch his attention, but not that of the entire club!

How do you like this (in black) for general salsa dancing?
    http://store1.yimg.com/I/riversedge_1865_2554192

what about this one - i love the skirt but would substitute a less revealing top. You think the skirt is too daring for normal salsa dancing?
    http://www.wowboutique.com/t1103.html

Anne