Swing Discussion Boards > Ladies, what do you do with your purse while out dancing?

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by NatashaJ, Nov 8, 2016.

1. NatashaJ

NatashaJ New Member

Now while at my lessons or socials at a dance studio, I'm not really worried about it. Everyone there are dancers and I can also kinda keep an eye on it if needed, and there's not a lot of people just going in and an out. However, sometimes there are swing events at clubs/arcades or even outdoors. There, of course, not everyone is going to be dancers and I would be worried about leaving my purse unattended. I also don't want to wear it dancing for obvious reasons. I could try to fit my keys and an ID and credit card in my pockets, but even that might be cumbersome and it prohibits me from being able to wear a dress or skirt. What do you do?

2. bia

bia Well-Known Member

This, paring down to the absolute minimum (e.g., just car key and house key, not the whole keychain). And I've rigged up a tiny flat bag I had into a kind of moneybelt (or you could just buy a moneybelt, like for traveling) that lies flat against my waist, for when I'm wearing anything without pockets or without secure enough pockets. Not easily accessible under a dress without a trip to the restroom, but that's the best I've come up with.

3. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

I usually check my purse with my coat (if the place is nice enough), and I have a small moneybelt which I fit a smartphone, a credit card, and car keys (I only use the fob). I don't have a house key ever so that's not really adding any bulk either. I'm not sure I'd want to wear it with too much bulky stuff in there. Most of the time I have to adjust my phone to my back so it doesn't protrude too much.

Here's a similar product, it's pretty much an elastic belt. I have an all black one. I have something called a "YesBelt."