General Dance Discussion > Ladies, would you wear these dresses to Prom?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by dTas, Jan 26, 2005.

1. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pascal's humor is flooring me this morning.

2. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

Based on that, a girl could show up to prom wearing pasties.

As long as the nipple is covered it's technically not indecent exposure. That said, a teenage girl wearing pasties is completely inappropriate. So rules and lines have to be drawn somewhere. As I stated earlier, that dress does not bother me, but how risque do you allow a teenager dress before that line is drawn?

3. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Ok folks ... let's be real, does it even look like prom dress???

:lol:

4. labelledanseuse

labelledanseuse New Member

I think it looks more like a cocktail dress for a young adult. Definitely not for prom!

5. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

:shock:

Uh, yes...you could take it that far...and I do see your point....I guess I was assuming that we are talking about dress-like objects only. :lol:
    And while I'm sure some people will disagree, there is still a difference between the dress in question and pasties.
    I mean, it's prom, right? So people dress up for it. Or at least are supposed to dress up. While not exactly the most tasteful, this dress is still a floor length gown that, when worn properly, covers all the essentials. At least when she's not moving, that is. :roll:
    Pasties, on the other hand, belong to a category even farther removed from formal wear than bikinis.
    *yikes*
    Watch, 30 years from now people will wear pasties to prom and we'll be the ones wondering what happened to the good old decent dresses of our time, such as this one! :lol:

6. labelledanseuse

:lol: :D :lol: I can see it now: I'll be telling my grandkids about a time when teens wore 'actual dresses' like this one to prom. They will probably think I lived in ancient times.

7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Young adults are not even allowed to drink cocktails in the United States! You have to be the ripe old age of 21 to consume alcohol!

8. labelledanseuse

Umm.. a cocktail dress is just the name of a type of dress that you wear to certain fancy occasions. :? You don't have to drink alcohol to be able to wear a cocktail dress... :wink:

9. quartertothree

quartertothree New Member

NO WAY in hell would i wear that to prom, let alone anywhere else. 1) i couldnt pull it off. 2) its not flattering, and 3) i would feel VERY uncomfortable. :oops: And i'm planning on wearing a vintage prom dress to prom, that is assuming that i GO to prom and dont go dancing instead, lol. -Maryam